Place 15 to 20 pylons over a distance of about 40 metres from the rear line towards the middle line, in a straight line. The spacing between them at the basic form is 2 meters.
Make 2 rows that are positioned behind the back line. The players do their exercise on both sides of the pylons at the same time towards the end of the series of pylons. There they turn and dribble with a wide curve back to the beginning. When the first two are at the fourth pylon, the next two can start.
Put players with an equal physical capacity next to each other. You can do a positional approach (defender versus defender, attacker versus attacker).
1. On the signal the front 2 players start.
2. Sprint each time 2 pylons forward and then 1 pylon backward.
3. Keep your face forward, so don't turn during the exercise.
4. The intensity is 90% of the maximum capacity. Especially the forward runs (starting away) must be explosive and with short steps.
5. At the end of the series of pylons you turn with a wide bend and dribble easily back to the starting point.
6. Repeat this exercise once.
1. Identical to the basic form, but now with the pylons in a different pattern: between the first 2 pylons is 1 meter, between the next 2 meters, then 3 meters, 4 meters and finally 5 meters. After this you go down again (respectively 4, 3, 2 and 1 meter space between the pylons). In total you will have 18 pylons.
2. Identical to the basic form, but now with a different pattern: between the first 3 pylons 1 meter, the next 2 pylons 5 meter, then again 3 pylons with 1 meter, 2 pylons with 5 meter. After this, place the same pattern again (4 times the same pattern in 1 line, with a total of 18 pylons).
3. Identical to variation 3, but now you don't place the pylons in a straight line, but in curves.
4. You make a straight line of pylons and arrange them as you see fit. Make sure there is a lot of variation.
5. Identical to variation 4, but now with faint curves.
Intensity of the exercise
The intensity is 90% of the maximum effort. Panting, should be motivated execution with highly explosive character in the runs with a maintained body control and athletic posture, EMI 7/8.