Hockey drills for
- Trainer calls color code: example WHITE RED RED the one who reaches the circle first may hit first:
- Floating with ball.
- Looking at ball and seeing how to run.
- Looking at your teammate to determine if you can hit on goal.
2 Teams against each other.
- Trainer calls out a color combination.
- Players run around those pawns and then into the circle.
- Trainer throws a ball into the circle, players play 1:1
- Turnover exercise with improving conditioning.
- Through the axis play out a 2-1 with shot on goal.
- On violation or goal a 3-3 on the side towards the center line.
- A guard pass is mandatory.
- 10 seconds for the 2-1 to create a shot and 10 seconds for the 3-3.
- At guard pass 3-3 the new 2-1 already starts.
- There is a box of 4 different colored pawns.
- The players start 5 to 10 meters away from the box (in this case the 23 meter line).
- The trainer calls out a number of colors in succession.
- E.g. Blue red orange blue.
- The players then run to those pawns and then back to where they started.
- Player RED comes out of the square and offers himself to player BLUE.
- BLUE passes to RED as he offers himself.
- Player WHITE pressures RED so it has to accept closed and plays back to BLUE (guard).
- Player RED makes an acceleration to the left or right next to the square.
- Player BLUE passes the ball to player RED looking carefully where RED asks for the ball (forehand or backhand).
- RED takes the ball open and penetrates the circle to finish on goal.
- TURN TO THE OTHER SIDE.
- RED JOINS AT STARTING POINT / BLUE JOINS IN THE SQUARE.
- Against a low press build up with 3 men.
- 2 centers and 2 wide midfielders + strikers on the back line.
- Simple high tempo finishing exercise to practice pass lines.
- You put 1 pawn down as a starting point.
- Then you put four pawns out like a fan at 8 meters distance.
- You sprint to the first pawn and then run backwards.
- Then 2 then 3 and 4.
- Next is player 2.
- Whoever gets everything first is the winner.
- 30 sec jumping jacks
- 30 sec knee lifts
- 30 sec heels against buttocks
- 30 seconds bridge with 1 foot on ball
- 30 sec jump-lunge with ball between legs 30 sec skating jumps
- 30 sec Russian-twist (feet off the floor)
- Build up from 25
Plank workout (3 minutes)
- 30 seconds normal plank
- 30 seconds of alternating left and right leg lifts
- 30 seconds of side plank on right side, other arm extended
- 30 seconds side plank on left side, other arm extended
- 30 seconds of normal plank 30 seconds of spiderman plank
- 2 x 1 minute (rest 20 seconds)
- 3 x 8 pylo-clap push-ups
- Depending on the level of the player, put a bit larger or smaller.
- Can also be mirrored with a backhand finish.
- Ball starts at red.
- White runs back to give support and gets the ball.
- When they take the ball, they accelerate to the side where blue has walked to.
- Red makes the point of the triangle backwards and is played.
- Blue runs deep and white goes to the head of the circle.
- Blue is played and passes the ball to the player on head circle who scores.
Points of attention:
- Acceleration on take-off
- After a pass follows a run
- High ball pace
- Look at what is happening and anticipate
- Searching for eye contact
Possibly expand to
- or 3:2