basketball drills for Dribbling
- The teacher selects 2 taggers.
- They have to stay within their box (within the 4 pilons) and tap the basketballs away from the runners if they want to cross.
- So the runners have to dribble to the other side without losing their basketball.
- If a runner doesn't have the basketball with him, he is finished and automatically becomes a tagger.
- A tip you can give to the runners is that they shield the ball with their body.
- This means keeping your body between the ball and the opponent.
- The runners are not allowed to cross again until everyone has tapped or reached the other side.
- In the end, as the game progresses, you get more and more taps and fewer runners.
- The last remaining runner is the winner.
- A runs in and (runs or around his/her axis and passes the ball to B or gives a sliding flat to B).
- B takes the ball open and gives a weighted push (a push that stops rolling) in the course of player C
- C takes the ball and accelerates to the pilons line without stopping or slowing it down (hip just in front of the left foot is the easiest way to do this) C the ball in the course of Player D
- Player D runs through the ball and takes the ball strongly. He runs through one gives a backhand pass (FINGERS SPREAD) to E
- Player E takes the ball at once and gives a bouncing ball in the course of F that takes and scores!
- Player A must give a slide on B (let the ball slide off your stick)
- Persist: you are chasing your ball
Everyone has a basketball and 1 tennis ball:
- Dribble with the tennis ball (do not use basketball)
- Dribble -> toss the tennis ball and catch it
- Dribble -> drop tennis ball -> take back the tennis ball above your hand in a quick movement.
- Dribble -> throw tennis ball up briefly -> take back the tennis ball with your upper hand in a fast movement.
- Dribble -> drop tennis ball -> crossover dribble -> take back tennis ball above hand in a fast movement
- Dribble -> throw up tennis ball -> crossover dribble -> catch tennis ball before it falls to the ground
- Dribble -> throw up tennis ball against the wall -> catch tennis ball again
everyone a ball, set up in large circle.
Trainer shows exercise, players perform the exercise afterwards:
- Spread, roll the ball in an 8-shape between the legs (then dribble)
- Turn the ball around your waist, head legs (change direction)
- Dribble with left, right, change hands
- Make the whole group dribble evenly (rhythm-exercise, all in time!)
- Dribble between your legs
- Dribble behind your back
- Make a shot movement up (extend arm, reposition, catch)
- Spreading position (move the ball in 8-shape without touching the ground)
- 2 balls (at the same time, alternately)
- Reverse left/right (first forward, then backward)
- Between your legs (walk forward, 1x between your legs)
- Two rows on the side at the height of the center line.
- Ball is on one side, attacker decides when he leaves and runs to the middle line, which he must cross all the way.
- The defender also departs but only has to touch the centre circle.
- Aim of the exercise is to come in front of the attacker as a defender.
- When a goal is made, 3 push-ups for the defender, a miss is 3 push-ups for the attacker.
- With 3 men on the back line and the middle one has a ball.
- The middle one passes to a man and chases the ball.
- The receiver keeps the ball behind him and the one who passed first takes the ball and passes on.
- The person who has the ball behind his back runs behind the ball, picks it up at the receiver and passes on to the other side.
- They do this while running to the basket on the other side.
- If someone is close enough to the basket, the man plays a lay-up.
- Make variations on the passing lines
To improve shooting, the players practice the movement first without the actual basket.
- They stand in position with knees slightly bent,
- hold a basketball with the strong hand under the ball and the other hand behind it.
- The players bring the ball to the shot zone (in front of and above the head).
- Next, the players push the basketball in the desired direction after which the hand and wrist move downwards (gooseneck).
- If this goes well, the players can try to shoot in the direction of the basket.
- They can vary with place and distance.
The players practice the lay-up.
- They divide themselves over 2 rows, 1 on the left side of the basket and 1 on the right side of the basket.
- The first player of each row dribbles to the basket with the strong hand.
- Then the player takes 2 steps, first with the strong leg, then with the weaker leg.
- The player takes a jump with the strong leg and tries to throw the ball against the square on the board after which it ends up in the basket.
- The player catches the ball and dribbles to the row on the other side and then ends at the back of the row to try it from the other side.
For the Basketball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Basketball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.