Basketball drills for dribbling
- The teacher selects 2 taggers.
- They have to stay within their box (within the 4 pilons) and tap the basketballs away from the runners if they want to cross.
- So the runners have to dribble to the other side without losing their basketball.
- If a runner doesn't have the basketball with him, he is finished and automatically becomes a tagger.
- A tip you can give to the runners is that they shield the ball with their body.
- This means keeping your body between the ball and the opponent.
- The runners are not allowed to cross again until everyone has tapped or reached the other side.
- In the end, as the game progresses, you get more and more taps and fewer runners.
- The last remaining runner is the winner.
- A runs in and (runs or around his/her axis and passes the ball to B or gives a sliding flat to B).
- B takes the ball open and gives a weighted push (a push that stops rolling) in the course of player C
- C takes the ball and accelerates to the pilons line without stopping or slowing it down (hip just in front of the left foot is the easiest way to do this) C the ball in the course of Player D
- Player D runs through the ball and takes the ball strongly. He runs through one gives a backhand pass (FINGERS SPREAD) to E
- Player E takes the ball at once and gives a bouncing ball in the course of F that takes and scores!
- Player A must give a slide on B (let the ball slide off your stick)
- Persist: you are chasing your ball
- Starting at the rear line
- Here you dribble between the cones
- Keep the ball low
- Speed is not so important
- Do control the ball
- At the center line make a cros over to the wing
- Then make a jump shot
- Pass the 1st part through the legs without dribbling
- 2nd part with dribbling, stay low and then shoot away for the lay-up
- Goal: stay low (this way you can move quickly past your defender)
- 3 laps
Everyone has a basketball and 1 tennis ball:
- Dribble with the tennis ball (do not use basketball)
- Dribble -> toss the tennis ball and catch it
- Dribble -> drop tennis ball -> take back the tennis ball above your hand in a quick movement.
- Dribble -> throw tennis ball up briefly -> take back the tennis ball with your upper hand in a fast movement.
- Dribble -> drop tennis ball -> crossover dribble -> take back tennis ball above hand in a fast movement
- Dribble -> throw up tennis ball -> crossover dribble -> catch tennis ball before it falls to the ground
- Dribble -> throw up tennis ball against the wall -> catch tennis ball again
everyone a ball, set up in large circle.
Trainer shows exercise, players perform the exercise afterwards:
- Spread, roll the ball in an 8-shape between the legs (then dribble)
- Turn the ball around your waist, head legs (change direction)
- Dribble with left, right, change hands
- Make the whole group dribble evenly (rhythm-exercise, all in time!)
- Dribble between your legs
- Dribble behind your back
- Make a shot movement up (extend arm, reposition, catch)
- Spreading position (move the ball in 8-shape without touching the ground)
- 2 balls (at the same time, alternately)
- Reverse left/right (first forward, then backward)
- Between your legs (walk forward, 1x between your legs)
- The 1st player dribbles through the cones to the baseline.
- Put the ball down on the baseline and do 4 step slide between baseline and midline.
- Takes the ball back and dribbles to the cones and changes direction and scores lay up,
- After the rebound, print 5 times,
- Starting 2 player on baseline
- Spurts to the cone and do step slide to next cone
- The first player to take the ball does speed dribble to the other side to score.
- The other player becomes defender
2 rows, 1 ball per team
- Player scores, rebound own ball, and passes to next player in line
- Player who has scored runs to the other baseline to pick up a pilon and brings it back to the group
- Group with the most pilons at the end wins