basketball drills for U12
- The teacher selects 2 taggers.
- They have to stay within their box (within the 4 pilons) and tap the basketballs away from the runners if they want to cross.
- So the runners have to dribble to the other side without losing their basketball.
- If a runner doesn't have the basketball with him, he is finished and automatically becomes a tagger.
- A tip you can give to the runners is that they shield the ball with their body.
- This means keeping your body between the ball and the opponent.
- The runners are not allowed to cross again until everyone has tapped or reached the other side.
- In the end, as the game progresses, you get more and more taps and fewer runners.
- The last remaining runner is the winner.
- 2 or 4 teams (1 or 2 fields)
- Each team has 1 ball and is at the head of the bucket
- Take turns shooting
- If you score then you may go to the other basket to shoot a free throw
- Is it touching, it is 1 point.
- At 5 points the team has won
- Possibly you can turn it into a conditioning training
- When a shot is missed
- There must then be run to the back line and back
- A runs in and (runs or around his/her axis and passes the ball to B or gives a sliding flat to B).
- B takes the ball open and gives a weighted push (a push that stops rolling) in the course of player C
- C takes the ball and accelerates to the pilons line without stopping or slowing it down (hip just in front of the left foot is the easiest way to do this) C the ball in the course of Player D
- Player D runs through the ball and takes the ball strongly. He runs through one gives a backhand pass (FINGERS SPREAD) to E
- Player E takes the ball at once and gives a bouncing ball in the course of F that takes and scores!
- Player A must give a slide on B (let the ball slide off your stick)
- Persist: you are chasing your ball
- Reaction speed and 1 against 1
- Divide the players into pairs and give them one number per pair.
- When the trainer says a number, the players with that number sprint to the center as fast as possible, grab the basketball and dribble to basket for 1 to 1.
- They get only 1 attempt to score. After their goal attempt, the ball goes back to the trainer.
- You can also call several numbers at once for 2 against 2, 3 against 3 etc.
- The defense focuses between man and target and pushes the attacker to his weak hand
- Ball - You - Basket : Ready - Point - Stick aimed at the weak hand
- The heel toe position can best be compared to a closed position
- Ready position, "Nose in Chest" on an attacker who has the ball, you have one foot in front, and the hand on the same side.
- Point position, "Digging the Ball" when the attacker starts a dribble.
- One hand on the ball and one hand next to the head to prevent the pass.
- Stick position, "Mirror the Ball" when the attacker stops his dribble and picks up the ball.
everyone a ball, set up in large circle.
Trainer shows exercise, players perform the exercise afterwards:
- Spread, roll the ball in an 8-shape between the legs (then dribble)
- Turn the ball around your waist, head legs (change direction)
- Dribble with left, right, change hands
- Make the whole group dribble evenly (rhythm-exercise, all in time!)
- Dribble between your legs
- Dribble behind your back
- Make a shot movement up (extend arm, reposition, catch)
- Spreading position (move the ball in 8-shape without touching the ground)
- 2 balls (at the same time, alternately)
- Reverse left/right (first forward, then backward)
- Between your legs (walk forward, 1x between your legs)
- Basket insight into positional play, knowledge of feint movements
- learn to move in attack and fill the free spot
- 5 spots
- 1 player / spot (U10 4 players, U12 5 players)
- Position 1 passes to position 2,
- Feint and cut through towards the basket.
- Meanwhile position 3 takes the place of position 1 and position 5 takes the place of position 3.
- Cutting player takes place of position 5 (= spot released).
- Perform automatically 5 passes and then score via lay-up or jump-shot.
- Good chest/bounce pass,
- Quick cut with feint (angular),
- Open spot fill up,
- Get ball = in shooting position watch basket first before passing.
Number of exercises for novice archers:
- One hand behind the back, ball on hand above head and stretch out (pay attention to followthrough, backspin), catching the ball with the same hand again
- Shoot against the wall (again with 1 hand)
- Shooting against the board (e.g. 5 times with 1 hand)
- Distribute over the baskets, take as many shots as possible
For the Basketball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Basketball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.