Basketball drills for warming-up
- Each player has a ball
- The group is divided into 2 groups each at a ring
- The first player of the group attacks the first cone, where he does a change of direction (variation).
- Thus to the next cone where he repeats this until he reaches the ring on the other side, where he finishes according to the indicated variation.
Direction change variations
- Cross over
- Between legs
- Behind the bag
- Reverse lay-up
- Jump stop shot
- Jump stop cross step
- Each player has a ball.
- You place the 5 cones as shown on the drawing.
- At each cone they make a change of direction.
- Outside, between the first 2 cones. Here, they continue their change of direction all the time.
- After the cones, there is the possibility to take a shot/ lay-up.
Note: make sure there are clear changes in direction, acceleration after each change/aggression.
- At cones A (fast feet)
- At cones B (slides)
- Between sprints
- Stand under the basket and score with the left side and with the right side.
- Try to do lay-up move
- 2 x2 (possibly 3 x 3)
- Sitting (with all other rules)
- On 1 leg (limping)
- Divide groups over baskets,
- 2 pylons on top of the bucket
- Try to get equal numbers so we can have a game
- Start low,
- Run to the pylon,
- Slides over free throw line,
- Back to base,
- And back again (tapping the line)
- Rows of 5-6 men, 2 per basket, 1 ball per row
- Throw ball against the board,
- Next player catches and throws the ball back to the board
- Make them run (with pawn further away, they have to go around)
Two rows on the center line, 1 player in the corner on the baseline.
- Beginning with right layups:
- Ball is with the proposal player in the right row.
- First player in left row runs to the forward.
- Player with ball passes ball to player in left row.
- Player in left row makes a jump stop.
- Player in right row touches sideline at free throw line and makes a cut to the basket.
- Player with ball passes to other player at correct time (other player asks for ball).
- Player right row makes layup. (Pay attention to correct two-count rhythm)
- Player in left row catches the ball (active rebound!) and passes to the player in the corner. (no ball on the ground!)
- Player in the corner passes ball to next player in line.
- Catcher becomes player in the corner.
- 15 scores.
- left layups - 15 scores --> pay attention to correct two-count rhythm, otherwise score does not count!
- Points of Attention:
- Pay attention to correct two-count rhythm.
- Pay attention to correct hand. (left lay-up with left hand)
- Make sure that tight passes are made, in front of the man (so that the receiving player does not have to slow down in her movement to the basket).