basketball drills for warming-up
- The teacher selects 2 taggers.
- They have to stay within their box (within the 4 pilons) and tap the basketballs away from the runners if they want to cross.
- So the runners have to dribble to the other side without losing their basketball.
- If a runner doesn't have the basketball with him, he is finished and automatically becomes a tagger.
- A tip you can give to the runners is that they shield the ball with their body.
- This means keeping your body between the ball and the opponent.
- The runners are not allowed to cross again until everyone has tapped or reached the other side.
- In the end, as the game progresses, you get more and more taps and fewer runners.
- The last remaining runner is the winner.
Two rows on the centerline, 1 player in the corner on the baseline (the compass).
Starting with right layups:
- Ball is at the proposal player in the right row.
- First player in left row runs to the front
- Player with the ball passes the ball to the player in the left row
- Player in left row makes a jump stop
- Player in right row touches sideline at freeworking line and makes a cut to the basket.
- Player with the ball passes at the right time (other player asks for the ball) to another player
- Player right row makes lay-up.
- Player from left row catches the ball and passes to the player in the corner (ball may not hit the ground!).
- Player in the corner passes ball to next player in the row
- Receiver becomes player in the corner
everyone a ball, set up in large circle.
Trainer shows exercise, players perform the exercise afterwards:
- Spread, roll the ball in an 8-shape between the legs (then dribble)
- Turn the ball around your waist, head legs (change direction)
- Dribble with left, right, change hands
- Make the whole group dribble evenly (rhythm-exercise, all in time!)
- Dribble between your legs
- Dribble behind your back
- Make a shot movement up (extend arm, reposition, catch)
- Spreading position (move the ball in 8-shape without touching the ground)
- 2 balls (at the same time, alternately)
- Reverse left/right (first forward, then backward)
- Between your legs (walk forward, 1x between your legs)
- Full field.
- Divide the pilons over the square in 5 equal parts.
- Players all start on one line.
- Coach names the pilons from 1 to 5.
- Players stand or sit ready on 1 line and run on command to the line the coach appoints.
- This can be done on foot, with slides or dribble.
- On the designated line the player has to stand still, sit or lie down flat on the belly.
- When dribbling, the ball must be held in place.
- Attention should be paid to shielding the ball when standing still.
The game is played with at least 4 players
- 1 mouse that has a t-shirt or piece of fabric in the back of its pants
- 1 dog that has a tennis ball
- 2 cats without attribute
- the mouse walks around with the dog,
- The cats try to take the mouse's tail and bring it to their cone
- but the dog can touch the cat with the tennis ball and he will give the cat a punishment of his choice in the camp.
- with more players a group can be made and play with 2 games together
For the Basketball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Basketball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.