Basketball drills for warming-up
You are only allowed to run on the lines of, for example, a volleyball field. The ticker must try to tick off one of the runners.
- Turn right/left only.
- Knees high.
- Backwards (don't fall!) etc.
Outside you can set up a closed course with hats or cones.
- Players at the baseline have the ball.
- He passes the ball to the blue player and walks towards the other baseline.
- He gets the ball back and passes it to the red player.
- He gets the ball back and passes the ball to the orange player.
- He gets the ball back and dribbles to the basket and finishes with lay up.
- When the blue player has passed the ball he runs to the spot of the red player.
- The red player to the orange player and the orange player takes the rebound and starts the exercise on the other side.
- Variations in finishing and eventually close out and live defence possible.
- 2 rows on the baseline.
- Front player of one row without ball.
- Player without ball walks around the pylon, receives pass from front player of other row and makes lay-up/shot.
- Catch the ball from the back of the pylon.
- Player who passed the ball goes around the pylon and gets the ball.
- Move the pylon further and further away.
- Make 1 row.
- Players in the line take turns having a ball.
- 1st player makes layup, 2nd in lij rebound, both connect behind.
- Pylon on left or further away.
- Square formation, 2 balls.
- Player passes and runs diagonally to the other row.
- Receiving player passes on.
- Balls thus go around the sides of the square, and the player crosses only diagonally.
- (1 passes to 2, 3 passes to 4, then 2 to 3 and 4 to 1)
- Four pylons, rows with 1 ball.
- Player with ball dribbles to the middle, jump-stops, pivots (right foot, turns to the right) and passes.
- Connect behind in row to which you pass.
- Pivot to left and pass.
- Make a good jump stop.
- Slalom around the pawns. (low dribble)
- Over the bank:
- Low dribble on the ground, cross over.
- Drive by cones:
- Dribble with the left and touch each cone with the right.
- Push-ups/abdominal thrusts on the middle line.
- Rows of 5-6 men, 2 per basket, 1 ball per row.
- Throw ball against the board, next player catches and throws again immediately against the board.
- U12-2 must catch ball in the air.
- All players are spread over the playing area.
- One player starts as the "hunter" and one player as the "prey".
- The "hunter" tries to catch the "prey".
- The "prey" can escape by running away or lying down next to another player.
- This player now becomes the "hunter" and the old "hunter" becomes the "prey".