handball drills for all skills
- Put up a parcours.
- The course is built up in the number of laps you make until you complete the course 4 times in a row and the number of laps is then lowered again.
- The number of times a player performs the exercise is then 1,2,3,4,3,2,1.
- Exercise 1: Blocking at the pilons (over the circle)
- Exercise 2: Frog jumps (sideline)
- Exercise 3: Jumps two forward one back (center line)
- Exercise 4: Diagonal short shifting (sideline back)
- The player that starts the build up slaloms dribbling around the pilons and passes to starting corner player. the player in the corner finishes.
- The player that starts the build up plays pass on each pilon and plays to the starting corner player. The player in the corner finishes.
- The player that starts the build up makes a circle around the pilon and plays to the starting corner.
- The player that starts the build up moves out after her last action and gets the ball played from the player in the corner and finishes.
- Pay attention while the corner is waiting, this player makes steps on the spot with her arms up.
- Put one player on the circle and one player on the 9-meter line
- The player on the 9-metre line tries to put the ball in the circle
- The player on the circle tries to prevent this by keeping the attacking player away from the circle.
- After 6x the attackers and defenders change
- If both players have done this 6 times, the attackers change with the attackers from the other side.
- make pairs opposite to each other in the middle of a half
- make contact 3x3sec (hands against the shoulder, defensive exercise) / then sprint away to the sideline / expanding to 4x shortly after each other seeking contact
- Jump 3x and give each other high five and then sprint away to the sideline.
- Repeat this exercise a few times.
- All behind the back line
- sprint 60% to half of 1 half
- then 100% sprint to the midline
- repeat this a few times
- with different starting phases e.g. jumping on both feet
- starting in planking position and sprinting away, facing the wall,...
- 4 hurdles placed in a row behind each other
- and then 2 more hurdles to the left
- and 2 more hurdles to the right.
- First over the 4 hurdles and after the last hurdle you make a nillpass
- and a slide/drag movement to the left or right.
- Here, you pass the last hurdle and then finish off on target.
- Can jump over the hurdles with 2 or 1 foot.
- players divide themselves over Left defender and Right defender's positions
- everyone has a ball
- Left defender starts with putting pressure towards the pilons
- first pass the pilons on the left, then pass the pilons on the right, then pass the pilons on the left, then go left and right again and then finish on target
- Important to start good and explosive
- A1 tips forward to pilon 1. At pilon A1 passes the ball to A2, which has passed to pilon 2 and so on to A4.
- A4 finishes on target.
- A1 goes to A2 and onwards.
- A4 takes ball after finishing and joins the line behind A2.
- Expanding 1) by taking away pilons
- Expanding 2) is by adding defenders (passive)
- Expand 3) A1 has started inside and receives ball from A4
For the Handball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Handball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.