Korfball drills for all skills
- Put a pole in the middle and divide your team in 2 groups.
- One group starts on the left, the other on the right (the right group (A) starts with the ball).
- Throw the ball to player B who stands left and walk directly to the basket for a walkthrough ball.
- You get this ball from the space of player B.
- Player B is going to catch.
As an alternative:
- You can start the ball at Player B.
- Throw to Player A and walk to the basket for support.
- Player A throws the ball to Player B and runs on for a walkthrough.
- See above but then Player A gets the ball for a walkthrough but does not take it but plays to Player B for a short chance. (Player B must then pull away).
Make two pairs.
- Start both at the front of the basket.
- Player A throws to player B and immediately runs a long line.
- Player B passes to the long line and goes to catch.
- Player A shoots, Player B catches.
Things to coach for:
- Make sure players are deflecting the long line toward the basket.
- Coach on throwing the long ball, make sure it is tight and arrives well.
- Try to shoot quickly so that your opponent is not right in front of you.
You can alternate this exercise by
- Don't let Player B catch the ball, but cut in for support.
- Let player A catch the ball first, throw it back immediately and then run the long line.
- Have Player B catch and then pull away for a short chance under the basket.
Divide your team into two teams.
You will stand by a basket per pair and follow exercises that your trainer indicates.
Exercises can be:
- 3 laps of passing balls (catch your own ball) (depending on the number of baskets you can make more or less laps)
- 3 laps in out shot (pass to the outside)
- 3 laps of short chance
- 3 laps pass balls late (take overhead)
- 15 dots per person (per 2 on 1 basket)
- 10 free balls per person (per pair on 1 basket)
- 10x shot from standstill
- 10x shot from movement (try on 1 leg)
Two groups at the first two pawns.
- The first in line runs to the hoop and goes through the hoop from the bottom, so the hoop goes over their heads.
- Then he runs through the defence posture to pawn two and circles this in 4 circles.
- Finally, he runs to pawn 3 and scores before he can run back to pawn 1 and tap the next one in line.
Hoop from pawn 1: 5 meters.
Pawn 2 from the hoop: 5 meter.
Pawn 3 from pawn 2: 5 meter.
Pole from pawn 3: 4 meter.
- Put out a square of 20 by 20 with hats.
- In the middle put balls (1 less than the number of players)
- The players walk in circles around the hats
- At the whistle they run in and try to get a ball
When you have a ball you can try to shoot (penalty throw - distance) and if you score you have a point, at every new round one ball less in the middle. The players who don't get the ball keep running.
Children run and throw the ball over within a defined area.
- There is one ticker.
- Who has the ball may not be tagged.
- You may hold the ball for 8 seconds.
- The catcher may not stay with the person with the ball.
Make it more difficult with several balls.
- Form 3 teams at the basket
- Person 1 stands 3 to 4 meters in front of the basket near the pawn.
- Person 2 will stand 3 to 4 meters behind the basket near the pawn.
- Person 3 stands under the basket as catcher
- Person 1 starts shooting, person 3 catches the ball and throws it to person 2.
- Person 2 shoots, person 1 catches and throws to person 3. Always change.
Exercises with distance shot, penalty throw and walkthrough.
You start shooting from a fine distance
- Did you score? Place a pawn next to the post until you have used up all your pawns.
- Then you can shoot as many balls as the number of pawns you have.
- When you have scored, you must take a pawn and put it on the other side of the pole.
- The amount of pawns that you have left, you can use for penalty throwing
- The team that has the most cones left has won
- Make 2 squares of 4.
- The attack takes the ball from the trainers.
- When the defence has intercepted the ball, they first pass it back to the trainers.
- When a goal is scored, the team gets a bonus and can take the ball back out.
Do give orders, for example:
- Start in a diamond. Let the ball go around 1 time.
- The player in front throws the ball next to him/her one more time and catches it.
- The other players continue playing. The player who has the ball now chooses whether he wants to throw to the left or to the right. The other players run to the ball to pick it up. The ball is thrown and the player immediately runs a long line.
The long line is nudged and the thrower comes alongside. The other player walks behind the basket to walk into the support. The other two are going to attack.