Korfball drills for defense
4 or 5 players per basket
1 attacker, 1 defender on the attacker, 2 attackers.
- Attacker tries to get into position while defender defends.
- Attackers must play in such a way that they can draw on the attacker and thus put the defender offside.
- Therefore, continuously shift the game.
- If a forward can be played into, make a move and change positions.
- Play attacker over the ball or pull away to the back of the basket.
- This exercise is designed to let the players choose for themselves what they want to improve on.
- Which (improvement) goal, which they have set for themselves, do they want to improve here.
- As a trainer you can steer this by guiding the choice.
- For example: the exercise must have something to do with passing/shooting/attacking/looking etc.
- Finish with a game 3 against 3 on 1 basket.
- At interception play 3 passes and then change function.
- Team of 7 plays with a fixed rebounder.
- He/she is not allowed to pass unless this is immediately after a shot opportunity.
- He/she is also not allowed to be involved in the game.
- So you have to free 3 against 3.
- Play 4 against 3 on 2 posts (don't make the field too big).
- One player is assigned to be the attacker, who attacks for both teams.
- Change them regularly.
- The attackers receive a maximum of 3 to 5 passes to create an opportunity. No chance, ball for the other team.
Too easy to shoot for the attacker:
- The extra player is not allowed to score.
- The same attacker is not allowed to shoot twice in a row.
- Playing together and scoring on your own basket
- Or play together and prevent the opposing team from scoring as few goals as possible
- Two teams in threes against each other (can also be played in fours)
- Around the basket there is a section where the defending side has a defender. The defender is only allowed to move in that section while defending. If the team is attacking, this player is allowed to join the attack. In this way there is always a surplus in the attack.
- Korfball rules are in force
1 attacker, 1 defender and 2 assistants.
- As assistants, try to pass as many balls as possible under the basket or next to the attacker without allowing the defender to interfere with the passing.
- Keep eye contact.
- Pass the attacker freely by directing non-verbally or verbally.
- Keep the ball up high to be able to play faster and better.
- Swap after 4 good chances.
Sponsors may also pass the ball between themselves to free the attacker.
The aim is always to play within shooting distance, so that every pass or action is targeted.
Per 6 at the basket:
- 2 attackers with one defender each and 2 free attackers.
- The attackers must try to get the ball into the basket.
- This may only be done by an attacker with a defender.
- After the attacker has stood up, the other attackers may go for the shot + 2nd chance.
- How do I take away the support line?
- What is the correct way to do this?
- 4 posts in a square.
- 4 attackers.
- 1 attacker.
- 3 defenders.
- The attacker must find the free post.
- The defenders must therefore make it as difficult as possible and communicate.
- Only through balls.
- Only shots.
- x number of goals etc.
- 2 posts, under each post there is 1 declarator.
- In the middle stands an attacker and a defender.
- Attacker can score on both posts.