Korfball drills for defense
- 4 posts in a square.
- 4 attackers.
- 1 attacker.
- 3 defenders.
- The attacker must find the free post.
- The defenders must therefore make it as difficult as possible and communicate.
- Only through balls.
- Only shots.
- x number of goals etc.
- 2 posts, under each post there is 1 declarator.
- In the middle stands an attacker and a defender.
- Attacker can score on both posts.
- Player 1 starts at 6 meters from the basket.
- Player 2 stands between player 1 and the basket at 2 metres from player 1.
- Player 1 starts running for a through ball.
- Player 2 has to prevent the through ball.
- So player 2 must bend his knees to be able to move immediately.
- Also, the player must move immediately when player 1 starts to run.
- If this is not done, you are too late and you will never catch up with player 1.
- The goal is to prevent the walkthrough ball.
Set up attacks in overtime situations
- Make sure the offense always has 1 more person than the defense (3-2, 4-3, 4-2 etc.)
- Gives the offense a task:
- E.g. score within 5 passes, score after setting up an action, score from the rebound.
- Gives the defense a task:
- E.g. intercept the ball within 5 passes, defend in front.
- Decide if you can go for a defensive goal.
- Indicate with cones where the lines are.
- Agree when offense switches with defense:
- After X minutes, after X goals, after X interceptions.
- Play 4:4 and defend 1 on 1, trying to see as many fellow players as possible.
- When there is a shot you join the steal.
- In the game you take care of the catch and try to double through the outlet support.
- Run into the free space for a through ball.
- 2 baskets opposite each other at about 10 meters.
- Start with 3 against 3 or 4 against 4.
- Depending on the numbers.
- Task is for the defenders.
- Try to intercept the ball.
- No counter play is allowed.
- Swap when one of the teams has intercepted 5 times the ball.
- Play on time and which team has the most interceptions.
- Earn a point by catching the ball over the line.
- A party starts from behind the line with the ball.
- Intercepted ball is ball first to your own line and then to the other side for a point.
- Balls out count.
- When a point is gained, the opponent gets the ball from there.
Points of attention:
- For defending.
- Play on the side by moving on one leg.
- Play at tempo.
- Watch each other and your opponents place.
- Try to score as much as possible on baskets.
- Try to prevent as many scoring opportunities as possible without getting sidelined.
- After each goal attempt, return to the starting pawn.
- It is not allowed to shoot defensively.
- If you cause a penalty throw (indicated by the declarer), you get one point in your rounds as attacker.
- The ball starts under the basket and is thrown to the child in front of the basket.
- The child under the basket then runs after the ball to defend.
- It is important that the attacker is central. With too much defensive pressure, the attacker cannot practice.