Soccer drills for warming-up
2 rows of cones. Pawns about 5 meters apart. 6 to 8 cones
- Walk straight ahead
- Dribble and turn hip
- Dribble and turn in hip
- Straight ahead and at each pawn shuffle sideways to player on the other side and around each other
- Straight ahead and at each pawn shuffle sideways to player on the other side and shoulder shuffle
- Accelerate 2 pawns, and 1 pawn backwards. Then speed up 2 pawns again.
Block of Force
- Walk firmly from one side to the other (75 to 80%)
- Running jumps
- Walk and change direction
- 3 players in total: 2 blue ones who stay with their pawns and 1 white one who runs between the middle pawns
- 1 meter between the middle pawns, 2 outer pawns at +- 2 meter distance
- small exercise that can often be played side by side
Purpose of the game:
- 1 of the blue ones starts with a ball
- White steps 'knee lift' over the first pawn and bounces the ball back to blue.
- White steps over the next pawn and rebounds the ball back to blue
- Then white steps over the last pawn, receives the ball and turns open to the other side where he and the other player do the same
- Each ball is played in on the furthest leg so that it can be easily bounced and turned open. Good ball in the feet at a short distance.
- Practise passing the ball between the opponents using short passes. Create skill in passing and turning.
- Let the outer players coach what the middle player has to do: 'pass' 'turn open'.
- The group divides into 2
- Each group does a warm-up exercise to the potty on their right and then walks to the next potty
- After 6 min - increase the pace of the walk to the 2nd potty (3 min)
- increase pace even more (3min)
- maximal sprint (2min)
2 fields of 20m by 30m, everyone has a ball.
- We appoint 4 tickers, 2 on each field.
- They try to take the ball or kick it away from the players
- When the player is tagged, he has to go to the other field with the ball
- After 3 minutes of play we stop and count the players on each field, those with the least players are the winners
- Slalom between cones, walk to the next cone
- 2 laps without ball as warming up
- 2 Laps with ball, both feet
- 2 laps with ball, only right foot
- 2 Rounds with ball, left foot only
- Speed to the free standing cones
- Make a circle around the 2 free standing cones.
- In a circle
- Exercises mobility
- See mobility stretch card
- Sets of 10 repetitions
- Stretch groin
- Sit on 1 knee
- Other leg sideways
- Light spring from the hip
- Hip stretch
- Sitting on 1 knee
- Other leg forward (lunge)
- Lower back stretch
- Lie on your stomach and put your arms forward
- Come up with your upper body
- Hamstring stretch
- Sitting with one leg stretched out and one leg drawn in
- Both hands on the foot of the stretched leg
- Stretch gluteal region
- Lying on your back, grasp one leg by the thigh and pull it towards you.
- Bend other leg and place it on the upper leg at knee height
- 2 sets of 20 repetitions
- 2 sets of 20-30 seconds
- 2 sets of 20 repetitions
- Push up:
- 2 sets of 15 repetitions
- 2 sets of 10 repetitions
Divide the group in pairs and put each pair at a cone/hat, which you have divided on the centre circle:
- Leave the ball, which is at every cone, on the ground and let the whole group run around the circle;
- Make sure every pair is standing at a cone with the ball;
- Player 1 dribbles the ball to the centre spot and puts it down there;
- On the way back (without ball), Player 1 performs exercises (e.g. knee lifts);
- At the moment Player 1 returns, Player 2 starts the same exercises (e.g. knee lifts) and then retrieves the ball;
- Repeat and be creative with the exercises.
Divide the group into at least 2 groups.
- Player Blue throws the ball to Player Red;
- Player Red has to shoot the 3 balls that are on the pilloons. This can be done by means of different exercises.
- Warming up with the ball 10 minutes
- 1 Passing
- 2 Bouncing
- 2 Passing
- 1 Dribble
- 1 Passing
- 2 Boucing
- 2 Crossing
- Perform the exercise so often that no one has to sit still.
- Coaching the above mentioned techniques.
- Motivate the players to complete the exercise within the given time.
- Every training session 5 seconds faster.
- A variation or addition is to have players run and pass the ball in diagonal lines.