Volleyball drills for all skills
- Two rows of pawns, about 3 meters between rows, one pawn every 1.5m.
- Total 8 per row. Players divide into 2 groups and 2 rows,
- 1 line at each row of pawns (possibly 2 extra lines if the group is big).
- Run along the right side of the row, backwards over the left. 3x
- Lift your knees to the front, calmly run back 2x
- Heels/buttons out, calmly back, 2x
- Skater's stride out, slowly back 2x
- Sideways out, sideways back, keeping face the same direction 2x
- Cross pass inwards and backwards, keeping face in the same direction 2x
- 2 pawns in front, 1 back at high speed 2x
- Sprint from pawn to pawn, circle each pawn in short strides.
Group together, 1 row at the right-hand side of the pawns.
- Move sideways between the pawns, touching each pawn 2x
- Play the ball for yourself overhead,
- if it goes well, only do it underhand,
- and later on alternate
- who gets the ball the fastest
- coach calls: head, knees, toes, nose, then ball.
- for ball so who gets the ball the fastest
- Everyone stands through their knees towards each other.
- 4 gives setup on 1 and 1 plays BH to 2. 2 defends to 3,
- 3 sets up 2 and 2 plays BH to 1,
- 1 defends on 4 and it starts all over again.
- After 3 and 4 have given 5 setups they are exchanged,
- The challenge is to do this while keeping the ball in play.
- If this goes well the team will attack technically instead of playing BH.
- Speed ladder is from the back line towards the net, in the middle of the field.
- Players move every round with a different movement pattern for the footwork through the speed ladder towards the net, then a block at position 3, move to position 2 or 4 (alternate) and a block again there.
- Then immediately step out to the defensive position on the 3-m line (with the cross move, immediately adopt a low stance and weight on the front feet).
- After the defensive position two options: either shuffle backwards towards the baseline or make a diving roll towards the baseline.
- Depending on the team and fitness level, increase the number of rounds the players have to make.
- 3 teams,
- 2 with ball at the net,
- 1 without ball at the backline flat on belly.
- Net player 1 hits ball, defender stands up and defends attack at about 6 meters,
- Afterwards short ball on 3 meter by net player 2.
- Repeat 2 series of 20 balls (so 10x attack and 10x short).
- 10 x attack and score
- this may be done in any way, hard/smart
- Point for the attacker if
- direct scoring
- if defensive team does not score itself
- 1 with ball on the backline
- 1 without ball at the net facing the net
- make a block jump at the net (pay attention to a straight landing)
- after landing, turn around and defend short ball on 6m line
- Blocking with 2 groups of 5 players each
- 1 player on position 2, 1 player on position 3 with a reserve next to her
- 2 players with a ball on the other side of the net, on position 4, of which 1 reserve
- One of the players with a ball hits the ball and then throws or hits the ball slightly above the net edge towards the block
- As soon as the ball is struck, the blocking player moves from position 3 and joins the blocking player at position 2, after which the thrown or struck ball is blocked
- The player who threw the ball becomes a reserve, the reserve takes over position 3, the blocking player at position 3 takes over position 2, the player at position 2 goes to get the ball and becomes a reserve at the throw/strike
- Pay attention to the position of the hands/fingers and the connection of the hands