Volleyball drills for all skills
- there's a line,
- they throw the ball to the playmaker,
- who plays the ball to the attacker.
- who plays(!) not hit. over the net.
- Later you can attack.
- 2 players with backs to each other with ball
- A stands on backline runs to net gets high ball thrown to bra over net.
- Walk backwards around the pawn on the backline and forward again to play the high ball over the net.
- Side pass to side to other half 2 balls.
- You play a normal game, but you add something extra.
- Each team gets one mission to accomplish, if successful the team gets five or three extra points.
- Next, the team picks a new mission.
- Examples for CMV-teams are playing 3x overhead, making a point in the corner of the court, etc.
- Examples for youth teams and senior teams are 3x playing with one arm, scoring via the block, etc.
- Each player has a tennis ball in the non-striking hand.
- Make an attack pass, where the tennis ball must be picked up in the batting hand at the last moment with arms stretched
- and thrown over the net into the opposite court.
- Speed ladder is from the back line towards the net, in the middle of the field.
- Players move every round with a different movement pattern for the footwork through the speed ladder towards the net, then a block at position 3, move to position 2 or 4 (alternate) and a block again there.
- Then immediately step out to the defensive position on the 3-m line (with the cross move, immediately adopt a low stance and weight on the front feet).
- After the defensive position there are two options: either shuffle backwards towards the baseline or make a dive/roll towards the baseline. Optionally, an attack pass can be made towards the net first (with movement to the starting position for the attack pass).
- Depending on the team and their fitness level, increase the number of rounds the players have to make.
- The coach places a ball on the halfway line.
- On both sides of the net stands a team behind the backline.
- The players must try, by throwing/rolling balls against the ball on the half way line, to get the ball over the back line of the other team.
- The defending players can only stop the ball by throwing/rolling against it.
- 2 teams,
- 1 with ball at the net,
- 1 without ball on the backline flat on belly.
- Attacker calls his name, defender defends the ball (underhand thrown ball)
- Then short ball on 3 meter line.
- change after 10 balls
- A serves ball to B.
- B passes ball to server.
- Play distributor plays ball between the 7- and 9-meter line. (B runs there in the mean time)
- B passes ball to server again.
- Distributor sets up the ball.
- B attacks ball straight ahead.
- A passes this ball up in front of himself and catches the ball.
- Server becomes passer, passer becomes playmaker, playmaker becomes server.
A short but intensive warming up to get the heart rate up and warm up properly.
This is completely without the ball.
- To start this warming-up we first start with 2 to 3 laps around the field.
- This is to warm up the muscles a little bit.
- Then we stand in a circle.
- And do the following exercises in order with a 10 count rest each time
- 30 sec Jumping jacks; bend knees towards each other.
- 30 sec Penalty bench; with the back against the wall and knees in an angle of 90 degrees.
- 30 sec Push-ups; touch the ground with the nose.
- 30 sec ...; from lying down position, jump and stretch, lie down again.
- 30 sec Planks; do 2x.
- 30 sec alternating Lunges; do 2x; alternating.