Volleyball drills for all skills
Divide over 3m line. Throw ball in zig-zag pattern and follow. See picture.
Later, play underhand, only overarm. One side of the net underhand, other side overarm.
- this exercise, the attackers get the mission to immediately score with their attack. The defense has to prevent this of course.
A permanent playmaker is used. A number of attackers is on one side of the playing field with a ball. They play the ball to the playmaker, who will give the set up for the attacker.
If the attacker scores, he joins the back of the line of attackers (as reward). If the attacker does not score, he has to defend. Rotating happens in the following way. attacker - A - B - C - D - attacker.
In defense, A is the blocker.
Make it clear upfront what immediate scoring means: ball on the ground, even if there is no playable defense.
- permanent playmaker
- line of attackers with ball plays ball to sv
- Set-up to attacker 1
- If attack scores, join line attackers
- Otherwise attacker 1 to A - B - C- D- attacker
- In defense: A = blocker, BCD= back
The four quart fields have been numbered (see triangles in picture) The goal is to reach field 1 as a team by not making any mistakes!
The game begins with bringing the ball into the field. This can be done by the trainer, but also a player can throw the ball over the net.
The pair that receives the ball plays the ball over the net by playing three times (mandatory!) etc..
The team that makes a mistake leaves the field (in case of 5 teams) or goes to field four (in case of 4 teams).
The other teams rotate a field.
So when the team in field two makes a mistake, they leave the field, field 3 rotates to field 2, field 4 to field 3, and the fifth team goes to field 4 .
After 10 minutes the game stops, and the team in field 1 is the winner!
Improving the pass by positioning the shoulders in the playing direction
Pay close attention in exercises:
- Pass has to be high so player can catch ball 'overarm'.
- Pass to the right, right foot forward
- Pass to the left, left foot forward
- 'Eyes' of the shoulders in playing direction
- trios with 1 ball
- 1 an 2 are next to each other, not too close to the net.
- 3 is opposite 1, in the back of the field.
- 1 throws straight to 3, and 3 throws diagonally to 2.
- 2 catches and throws straight to 3, and 3 throws diagonally to 1.
- 3 keeps moving.
Make 2 or 3 lines on the end line.
Goal: service has to be correct!!
- The first of each line serves the ball and picks it up again.
- The next can only serve when tapped.
- If the ball is served into the net, the ball has to be picked up and served again.
Which line has a 100% service score???
- The trainer puts the ball on the middle line.
- On the end line on both sides of the net is a line of players.
- At the trainer's signal, the run to the ball, who has it can keep it.
Which team collects the most balls
Service pass training for 4 to 12 persons
2 servers on the service spot .
(static) Server serves, passer passes the ball to catcher, catcher catches the ball and rolls it back to the server.
(dynamic) same as static, but then the involved player walks after the ball. (server becomes passer, passer becomes catcher, etc.)
(Static) see four persons
(dynamic) server serves the ball and walks after his/her ball.
Passer passes the ball to catcher. The most right player becomes catcher
Server moves in from the left. Catcher becomes server. If this does not work, 1 passer becomes reserve.
1 - dive to 3 meter 2 - attack jump with hitting movement 3 - block on mid and left 4 - block at the same time with 3 block and 2x dive to end line ( links, rechts) 5 - low defense to 6 over the end line 6 sprint back 3 times around
Loosen ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, neck, wrists
stomach muscle exercises
20 x up, 20 x tapping ankles, 20 x tapping foot, 20 x knees to the left, 20 x knees to the right
Movement prep and core stability:
hip cross over 10 x, scorpion 10 x, planking 10 sec, planking left, planking right
- 5x push up (can also be done on knees)
- planking (straight back) 3x with 15 sec. rest in between.
- lie down on your back, cycle for 1 minute
- 10x entire stomach exercise