Volleyball drills for all skills
- Players start on the three-metre line in pairs facing each other.
- One player has the ball.
- At 6 meters from the net there is a cone behind each player.
- Players do a control key and then pass the ball over the net.
- Then they run around the cone behind them.
- The same, but after passing the ball they dive to the cone and get ready again.
- Player does a control key, turns around and keys the ball backwards over the net.
- Then he does a block and returns to his home position.
- Per trio.
- Player A does the control key and plays the ball over the net.
- Player B does reception, C stands at the net and taps the ball high over, then he dives through B's legs and they switch places.
- Players play two against two.
- Each time the ball is over, they walk over to the other side of the net and join in behind.
- The goal is to keep the ball in play as long as possible.
- If a team makes a mistake, they have to dive to the other side.
- Often the volleyball field is divided into six positions, you can also divide the field into nine sections of three by three meters.
- This can be of value in coaching, service and (tactical) attack.
- I let the group hold hands and then call a number below ten.
- The group must then move as quickly as possible to the appropriate section.
- Tip: After practicing this, I call out a number under ten at practice and have players point to the appropriate section on the court.
2 goes over with pass.
- Tap wall, fellow player may play 1x for himself.
- Touching the line
- Knee touching the ground
- Touch the ground on the buttocks
Supplies: A stick about 2.5 meters long and 1 to 2 cm thick.
- The group gets the assignment to put the stick on the ground but it has to stay horizontal.
- The group stands up straight (see drawing) and stretches both forefingers to the front at shoulder width and the upper and lower arms are at an angle of 90 degrees.
- The trainer places the bar on the forefingers pointing forward.
- From this position, the group should try to bring the bar down to the ground.
- The bar must remain horizontal and not be raised or lowered on any side.
- The bar should not be grabbed either!
- Make groups of three, one with the ball.
- One throws the ball over the net into a 3x3m square, the passer stands in that square and passes the ball to the net where it is caught.
- Provide a second ball for a faster game.
- After ten balls turn around.
- Possibly start with catching then build up to playing.
- Smash via bounce in own field over the net, is caught by another player. follow ball for next position.
- Smash from own throw over the net. The throw up must be higher than your own height.
- Smash after own roll over the net, from behind the 3 meter line.
- Smash after own roll over the net, in the 3 meter line.
- 1 player on elevation,
- 1 player on position 3 and a player on the other side, just before catching the ball.
- The player from position 3 throws the ball to the player on the rise,
- This player smashes the ball hard, just behind the net.
- Third player catches the ball, and gets in line.
- Players follow the ball to the next position.
- Fixed team players: ball is thrown in, team players set up, player on the rise smashes the ball.
- without elevation
- Someone at the net (player A),
- Someone on the backline (player B)
- After each task with the ball, the players get a strength/physical exercise, alone or in pairs.
- (This happens when the players have also switched between themselves).
- After this, the players on the back line move on. This way you always have a different warming-up partner.
- Player B lies on her stomach on the back line, player A hits the ball, at this moment player B jumps up and tips player A, player B tries to defend the ball.
- After 10 hit balls, change.
- Legs crossed and 15 sit-ups
- Player B lies on her stomach on the back line, player A hits the ball, at this moment player B jumps straight attacks player A, player B tries to defend the ball.
- After 10 lucky balls, change.
- 10 blocks against each other's hands.
- Player A attacks to player B, player B defends and player A attacks again.
- After a certain time, change.
- Belly on 3m, straight, attack, belly 3m. 6x
- Player A chooses, short ball, far ball, attack, ... Player B defends everything, after a certain time change.
- Sprints around the field