Volleyball drills for all skills
Across the field do the following exercises repeat everything 2 times.
- Loose arms in a dribble, forwards and backwards.
- Toes in, toes out.
- High jump.
- Bounce, make very small skipping movements.
- Knee hugs.
- Lift your knee.
- Lateral knee lifts.
- Hopscotch, fast hopscotch.
- Skater, skating movements.
- Volleyball shuffle, left and right.
- Sumo shuffle, kind of jumping jack but sideways.
- Karaoke, cross passes but the leg that goes in front over the other leg goes up.
- Backwards hip rotation, hip rotation from the inside to the outside and stepping out backwards in a lunge.
- All team members line up and run in circles around the room.
- Every time the trainer blows the whistle, the person in the back must run forward.
- This continues until everyone has run forward once.
- Four players stand in a square, play around and turn their bodies well in the direction you are playing to.
- Play anti-clockwise, making sure the right foot is in front
- This can be done in threes or fours.
- One player in the middle for threes, two in the middle for fours.
- Two players have a ball, one near the net and one near the back line.
- Player (red) in the middle stands a maximum of two meters in front of a player with the ball.
- Player with ball throws to centre, who passes back and moves to other player who just threw the ball.
- Next player throws ball to centre player (white), who passes back, then moves to other player.
- After ten passes change position.
- In a four-team team, two players in the middle who pass at the same time and change position to pass.
- Two players with a ball at the net, about three-four metres apart.
- Two players at about six meters, each facing a player with the ball.
- Players at the net throw a ball at the same time, players in the back pass at the same time.
- Then move sideways to the other position.
- Net players pass the ball again simultaneously, passers pass back simultaneously and move again.
- Change after twenty passes.
- Individual exercise to improve ball feeling with one hand.
- Each player has 1 volleyball, mini volleyball, tennis ball, juggling ball (or for advanced players a non round object; a light plastic container or light bottle for example, but can be used with anything).
- The goal of the players is to keep the ball in the air by hitting it as many times as possible with only one hand.
- Have the players count how many times they can do this per the 2 minutes per task.
- Possible assignments:
- - Underhand lobsmash
- - Over your head
- - Hit your leg afterwards with the hand you played with
- - Clap your hands after touching them
- - Lying down -> sitting -> standing (and back)
- - Raising your knee/heel
- - Against the wall
- - In pairs one player under, the other over the net=
Be creative! =
- Possible exercise for several people. (see image)
- One or more in the middle, the rest around it.
- Setters play the ball somewhere around them, the rest have to make sure that the ball is returned to setters in X number of times.
- Agree on how many times the ball can be played.
- Exercise stimulates:
- - Communication
- - Reflexes
- - Ball sense
- Red player plays the ball.
- Then build up between the blue and pass.
- F plays to B.
- B makes reception to A.
- A plays a short ball to F.
- F plays back and A plays the ball to D.
- D passes to G.
- G to A.
- A plays two short backs and G plays to C.
The players choose a number combination and they do this warm-up:
- 5 sit-ups
- walk 5 revolutions
- 5 pumps
- lunges to the net
- line tapping
- knee lift back and forth
- heel in the buttock
- diving on the mat back and forth