Volleyball drills for all skills
- Trainer is at position 3 with 2 helpers,
- First ball smash at position 5,
- then short ball on 3 meters and then deep ball at the right back.
- players stand in groups of 3
- 1 player sits on a skirting board (2 parts of it) with feet on the ground (in proper position like reception) on the 3m line and plays the ball in reception position to the passer.
- Another player stands on the passer position and will catch the ball which the player on the skirting board will play to him in reception.
- A 3rd player (standing on a rise) throws or hits the ball to the player on the skirting board.
- This ball must come from high so that there is a build up to a solid reception.
- The passer throws every time the caught ball to the one who throws in.
- After x number of times you change positions.
2 teams, one of which plays with 6.
- If team sees opposing team use pass/key to play over the net,
- the entire team must move backwards, away from the center.
If opposing team plays an attack through midfield, they must be in the regular lineup.
Make 3 threes:
- 2 trios form base 6
- Coach plays ball high over the net, back players handle this ball.
- Point of attention: the two outside players (position 2 and 4) must move backwards when they see the high ball, in order to defend, and then be ready for the attack again.
- Play out the rally in a concentrated manner.
- Teams of 3 alternate.
- 2 trios form base 6
- 3rd trio on the other half of the pitch
intention is that the 6-team knows that an attack is played over 2 or 4.
6 team must anticipate
- the midfielder must connect with the right/left forwards to make a block.
- the remaining front player must move to the front of the net, the libeo (position 6) defends the block, Position 1 and 5 take position in the backfield.
After some attacking, 3 of them change position and 3 of them swap.
- Alternate between anticipation 1 and 2.
- Player must react correctly to attack and/or high ball.
points of interest:
- call loose
- When attacking the block and the rest react in the back. Libero covers the block.
- At high ball, anticipate to the back
- Throw one side overhead
- the other sitting low
- and then drop to their knees and continue on the ground
- We play 3 against 3 on a half field,
- and attack (aimed and not hard),
- After playing the ball, everyone rotates a position.
- When the ball lands on the ground,
- just bring it in by playing overhand, NOT serving.
- If there are too many players, then 1 in the waiting room to come in for the pass.
- Line up of three playmakers
- left centre and outside attackers left
- clap your hands and point in one direction
- then they jump as a block and the other one goes to cover.