Volleyball drill: ball control (m. kool)
Ball control (M. Kool)
- Develop ball sense, be able to control ball close to your body.
- Everyone has their own ball, can be combined with a warm-up.
- Let the ball bounce on your right fist.
- Up to maximum eye level.
- Arm is stretched out and is almost horizontal.
- Stay in one place as much as possible.
- Later on, alternate bouncing with your left hand.
- Now do the same while following the yellow lines in a certain pattern.
- The person in front chooses the route (watch out for rear-end collisions!); who wants to take this role? (requires even more concentration and a sense of responsibility a la captain's role)
- Play the ball with only your right hand above your head, up to a maximum of 30cm higher than your hand
- Your upper arm is pointed 45 degrees upwards and your forearm 45 degrees in the other direction; this brings your hand above your shoulder again.
- The ball is played mainly with your wrist and forearm; stay in one place as much as possible.
- Later on, alternate with the left hand.
- Afterwards also in pattern.
- Play the ball in a fixed routine for yourself, for example:
- Underhand R, overhand R, overhand L, underhand L, underhand R, ...etc. (change later to the right)
- Lower hand R, upper hand L, upper hand R, lower hand L, lower hand R, ...etc.
- In teams of four (preferably) with each its own ball.
- Stand in a square; all equally spaced.
- Throw the ball to the next person and catch the ball that is thrown to you.
- First throw underhand and catch underhand; then throw abovehand and catch abovehand.
- Then expand by passing 1 ball.
- Choose a spot opposite the wall.
- Sit in front of the wall with your feet against the wall.
- Play overhead against the wall. (Ball just above eye level)
- Pay attention to the movement of the wrist and a little bit of the forearm.
- The ball will only bounce about 10cm this way.
- If necessary, extend the game by slowly standing up, playing standing up for 10 seconds and then sitting down again.
- Let them play a route along the wall: bounce briefly (10cm) and play overhand (right).
- At the end of the route, take a distance of 2 meter from the wall and keep on playing overhand while walking left until the beginning of the route, close to the wall.
- Everyone in line; if you lose the ball, pick it up and go back to the line.
Characteristics of the drill
Necessary materials:Not applicable
Suitable for the following levels: