Volleyball drills for all skills
Besides technique, communication is also important in volleyball. And both aspects also apply to this exercise. And reacting adequately to situations which go differently than normal. In such an exercise you can see very well how different players are.
Three players line up to pass (numbers 3, 4 and 5) Player 2 stands ready at the side of the same field of play. The other players stand ready with ball to serve on the other side.
- Player 1 serves the ball (and then immediately walks to where player 2 is already standing).
- A player passes the ball. Another player gives a setup. And the third player plays the ball over the net. All three players must play the ball, either a pass, or a setup, or an attack.
- Once the ball is over the net, the players turn: 2 goes into the court (where 3 was first) 3 goes to mid-back, 4 goes to the spot of 5 and 5 goes the serving spot of the other half.
- Then the next player can serve, on the drawing this is player 8. Etc.
- 4 balls
- 7-8 players
- The attack comes from the right
- The middle and diagonal blocks, the outside attacker comes to the middle, the upper comes to the front
- The trainer hits the ball, we go to our position and defend the ball from the trainer.
- To be extended by finishing the attack. Think of tactical hit or pricked balls. (central, position 1, position 5)
- 1 half of the field; 2 or 3 players form a wall in the middle at 7 metres;
- 4 persons will defend;
- others take care of balls.
- Starting position of the defenders is mid back line (1 person).
- Trainer throws ball into the field from position 3 (in front of the net). 1st defender dives / passes ball to 2/3
- Immediately after that the next ball is thrown to the next defender.
- High tempo; players should at least try to touch the ball, better is defending & passing to 2/3
Goal of the exercise: on the one hand to process the deep ball in the back to your playmaker, on the other hand to place the 'third' ball underhand in the back of the opponent's team.
- 3 teams
- 1 at the net
- other 2 on 2 sides in the back of the field
- B plays the ball overhand to A
- B passes under the net
- A plays the ball UNDER HAND to C
- C plays the ball UNDERHAND to B
- B plays the ball overhand to C
- B pass under the net
- C plays the ball UNDER HAND to A
- A plays the ball UNDER HAND to B
- and further from 1
- There are players on all positions in the field
- The trainer stands on position 4 on the opposite side (if necessary on a raised position)
- When the trainer throws up the ball, the players may move: set up a two-man block at position 2 and the others move to the defensive system
- Play out rally, build up attackEvents
: place hoops or mats in the other field to play third ball to
- Turn over as in the game. The person at position 2 goes out to get the ball, the reserve turns in at position 1
- 1 with ball on the 3m line
- 1 without ball at the other side at the net
- make a block jump at the net (pay attention to a straight landing)
- after landing, move backwards to the 3m line and pass the short ball
- player from the other side throws on (or serves) and then sprints under the net to catch the ball
Two rows behind the back line
- First of each row steps into the field
- Trainer throws/serves ball into the field
- The player who plays the ball calls loose and passes the ball to the other player.
- The other player gives a set-up in return.
- Number one attacks
- Retrieve ball and put it in the box
- Join the other line
- 2 rows of players
- 1 row on the left back
- 1 row at the right back
- create with 4 pawns a virtual line where they have to stand behind
- trainer stands at the other side of the net and throws the ball somewhere in the field.
- 1 of the 2 front rows calls LOS orI (let's agree)
- he passes it to the net and the other one catches it.
- Trainer throws balls into the field at high speed.
- Some with the ball and some without in the back of the field.
- Passes, fetch ball and give into trainer's back.
- Trainer determines pace and difficulty of ball.