Volleyball drills for attack / smash / spike / hitting
- 2 passers on position 5/6 and 1/6, 1 reserve passer behind the field.
- 1 playmaker on position 2/3.
- 1 attacker on position 4.
- Other half:
- 2 blockers.
- Libero at position 5.
- 2 servers on the backline.
- player serving the ball becomes reserve passer
- ==> becomes passer
- ==> passer who passes the ball
- ==> attacker
- ==> out blocker
- ==> outside blocker
- ==> middle blocker
- ==> server.
GOAL: Do not be afraid of the blocker and just hit the ball. You can hit the ball straight on or diagonally. The blocker closes the straight on but if you see a hole you can hit it there too.
- after 2 minutes a change of playmaker
- after 2 minutes change of play-distributor ==> libero starts to distribute the game. one center will defend on position 5
- after 2 minutes change of play-distributor 1 again. and attack backwards. After two minutes playmaker 1 switches to blocking and attacks backwards.
- After 2 minutes distributor 2 starts distributing the game.
- after 2 minutes libero starts to distribute --> the center starts to defend on position 5.
- Storage -> reception -> pass to 4 (diagonal) alternating with 2 (street) -> defence with 2
- Variant: attack on 4 (street) alternating with 2 (diagonal) 7
- Receptionists always turn around
- After 2 good actions turn around
- Player A throws ball over the net.
- Player B or C passes the ball over the net.
- The other player quickly runs under the net and sets up the ball for the same player who passed.
- This player tries to get a pawn off the bench with overhand play or a hitting move.
Which pair or team has knocked the most pawns off the bench after X number of minutes?
- free ball is brought in by reception player
- then the pass is given
- and the attacker attacks in a defined zone.
- Point system:
- out: -1,
- net: -1,
- in: 0,
- inside the box: +2
Warming up / all-round training
Each player will pass, attack, distribute, block, defend, rally, with turnovers.
- Trainer stands with cart with balls at the pole at #2 (position 2)
- Players stand outside the field at the side of #1 and a playmaker at # 2/3
- First round starts with Trainer throwing the ball to #5, player 1 runs from the sideline to the ball and plays it to the distributor.
- Start with "blue players" (see drawing), then extend with "red players
Further course of play:
- Tr throws ball for S1 to #5
- S1 runs in and plays to Sv (#2/3)
- Sv gives setup to the outside (#4)
- S1 attacks.
- Turn over: S1 becomes Sv, Sv gets the ball and joins the line at #1.
- Sv turns to the other side of the net and becomes a blocker.
Now the same steps as above, but with the block opposite the attacker.
- Turn over: S1 (has just attacked) becomes Sv at #2/3, Sv
passes under the net and becomes B1 at #2B1
who, after blocking, goes to get the ball and joins the row.
- After blocking at #2, player goes to defend at #5. Attacker is obliged to pass to #5.
- When the ball is defended a rally may be played (2 vs. 2)
- After end of rally or no defence or fault in attack, turn over
Extend 3 and more
- One can extend with a 2nd blocker, 2nd and 3rd defender (on resp. #1 and #6)
- More players can be added to field I (so players from the sideline move in when a rally arises)
- The passing game becomes S1 (passing and attacking) -> Sv -> B1 (#3) -> B2 (#2) -> V1 (#1) -> V2 (#6) -> V3 (#5) possibly A2 (#4) and then connect again.
- You can expand to 6 against 6, so start with blue, then B1, then B2, then V1, then V2 (when continuing the game, first V2 and then V1), then V3 (continuing the game with V2, V3, V1) and then possibly A1. In the meantime, players in field I must be added.
- If there are several players in Area I, you can choose to throw in a ball on S1 at #5 instead of throwing in a ball through Tr.
- The purpose of the exercise is twofold:
- the defender must learn to "read" where the attacker is going to hit
- and the attacker has to see where the defence stands before hitting.
- We work with two regular playmakers, on both sides of the field a row of attackers on the left-for position.
- And two defenders, who may choose where they position themselves on the field.
- A defender has to defend the attack 10 times, preferably a nice pass, but touching is enough.
- If the attacker hits the net or leaves the field, that also counts.
- And the attackers may only smash, no prick balls!
- After the attack, the attacker retrieves the ball and joins the other line.
- When the defender has defended a ball 7 times, he changes with an attacker.
- If there are less players, the exercise can also be done, but then on one side.
- The attacker retrieves the ball and then joins the same line.
- The blocking player joins in and indicates where he is going to block and the mid-back goes to his place.
Making an attack run:
- Right handed: left, right, left
- Left handed: right, left, right
- jump with your arms
- Hit with your belly
- Line up attackers on the outside, pay attention to the run-up and the arms.
- Row of attackers on middle and back
- 3 attackers on position 2, 3, 4 and reserve.
- SV comes in from the back
- in the opposite field 3 blockers on position 2, 3, 4
- at position 6 is a defender
- Trainer throws ball to defender
- defender passes to SV at position 2-3
- SV gives set up at position 2, 3 or 4
- Blockers block and block defence
- attacker gets ball, reserve attacks
- defender changes after 10 good balls
This exercise is about another player taking over the setup.
The players are divided into two groups. One group is lined up in the front left corner ready to attack. The players of the other group line up in the back right of the field.
- The trainer bounces the ball high somewhere in the field (1).
- The player gives a high setup to the outside left (2) and then gets in line at the front left (3).
- The first player on the front left smashes the ball (4) and retrieves it himself in order to join the back row on the right (5).
- three people in the field.
- Coach hits the ball into the field
- then sets it up in three
- over the net
- who plays the ball over the net retrieves it and puts it in the cart.