Volleyball drills for attack / smash / spike / hitting
- The goal of the exercise is twofold: the defender must learn to 'read' where the attacker is going to hit and the attacker must look where the defence is before hitting.
- We work with two regular playmakers, on both sides of the field a row of attackers on the left-for position.
- And two defenders, who may choose where they position themselves on the field.
- A defender has to defend the attack 10 times, preferably a nice pass, but touching is enough.
- If the attacker hits the net or leaves the field, that also counts.
- And the attackers may only smash, no prick balls!
- After the attack, the attacker retrieves the ball and joins the other row.
- The attacker who defends the ball at the 10th time takes the place of the defender.
- The defender will then of course attack.
- 8 - 10 players
- enough balls
If there are less players, the exercise can also be done, but then on one side. The attacker retrieves the ball and joins the same line.
The blocker joins in, indicates where he is going to block and the mid-back goes to his place.
- 3 people at the net. (left, centre, right)
- 2 3 people at the back.
- On the other side 1 playmaker
- The rest is going to attack.
- Tim plays the balls.
- They attack the middle.
- The center on the other side of the block.
- The front left and right get behind the block to defend.
- The people in the back also defend on their position.
- After 2 minutes the players change.
- 3 passers in the field
- playmaker on the right front
- middle and outside attacker
- 3 servers
- 2 blockers
- It's all about the pass.
- You may not be able to attack the ball.
- The exercise is about passing the ball.
- After 15 balls you can change positions.
start with tennis balls
- mark 2 zones on the field in the backfield
- take steps from the 3 meter line and throw the tennis ball with attack technique.
- exercise can be made more difficult with volleyball
- try to own throw + stroke
- pass + stroke
- At the position where the attacker would normally pass the ball over, a basket is placed.
- by means of a high key the ball is played into the basket
- make it more difficult by adding an extra pass BH or OH
- instead of the basket the attacker makes the move but does not hit!
- catching the ball overhead with the striking hand behind the ball
- pass and strike
Explaining the wrist movement of the smash.
- Play the ball up high with a relaxed wrist, give topspin and turn under the ball.
- Play the ball overhand with one hand, try to give the ball topspin.
- Relaxed wrist.
- Smash the ball to the ground, with a relaxed wrist, trying to hit the ball as high as possible.
Teams stay on two halves.
- One group will smash from the box section.
- Remember the technique.
- Elbow back, body turn.
- Every three balls, switch.
- Other team defends the smash, until a defensive pass to the SV.
- Three of you, others clear the balls.
- When the ball is on his, to the other can lie, change sides of the game.
- Just like in the warm-up,
- pass to SV,
- who sets up,
- a player smashes the ball over the net.
- Pay attention, throwing movement, turning with body, elbow backwards, timing of jump off.
- Player starts at the net, takes a few steps backwards, until near the pipon,
- then takes the offensive pass, smashing it over the net.
- This on two sides of the court.
- Proper execution of the training is essential.
- 3 against 6.
- 3s play attack.
- Six tries to take over attack, and plays their own rally with attack. 6 players must..:
- block cover
- have a good field position
- take care of a good pass to SV