volleyball drills for Defense / passing / digging / diving / reception
- The trainer throws in the ball to the setter or player B,
- Player B passes to either player A or player C
- They just play over or attack which may choose.
- Players EDF slide as taught and defend that ball and the setter runs into the one who has not defended the cone and goes directly to his home position and the reception player goes directly to his home position then gives the setter a pass and if there can be attacked nice and in the field then they get a point after 10 points slide.
- A to F,
- F to E,
- E to D,
- D to C,
- C to B and
- B to A.
- Server to position 6
- Reception to player in the front center
- Plays forwards or backwards to position 2 or 4
lateral displacement to position 2 or 4 (street)
- Setter calls slide or street, to where the attack is given
- Attack to defender
- defender may attack on the position where the ball is coming from
- The one who made the attack, runs over and a 2 against 3 is played
Organization: 6 players per field
- 2 play the serve, each on either side of the grid, at position 1
- Serve to 5 or 6, set up and pass ball to server
- Server defends to position 6,
- it performs the first contact
- and the previous attacker set the ball to position 2
- the defence player
- As long as there are 2 balls, continue, if there is 1 case, go for the point.
Variant: The defender is checked whether the defender is short or deep, short ball is pokey, deep ball is technical ball.
Goal: Libero training and defense
- T plays in tempo the balls to SV.
- SV set-up (2nd tempo) to A (position 3) --> targeted attack to position 1 or to B (position 4) --> targeted attack to position 6.
- L starts from pos 6 + defense to SV2
Extension 1 : After defense from L to SV, set-up to position 4 where C attacks (aimed)
Extension 2 : L2 defended attack from C, C is going to catch ball.
Goal of the exercise:
process 2 balls quickly and having to score
Explanation of the exercise:
- Passer and playmaker and attacker all three process 2 balls shortly after each other.
- Passer learns to pass a deepball diagonally backward and a short immediate after (learns to make large angles) the playmaker has to look for the next ball immediately after the first set up.
- The attacker has to go to the back as soon as possible after landing to make another attack.
- As trainer, you can indicate where the balls have to be hit, or the tempo of the set ups, or that the passer has to do attack defense after the first pass and then pass the 2nd ball
- Length of the exercise:
- three defenders in the field
- One person who catches
- rest: serving
- serve quickly after each other
- every person in the field has to bring 10 perfect receptions to the catcher
- catcher decides whether reception is good
- when a defender has done 10 perfect receptions, he becomes catcher, and the catcher is going to serve
Improve reaction and speed
Repetition:In total, do 5 series of 10 balls.
- Players 1, 2, and 3 with ball in half circle.
- Player 4 before the 3 players with ball.
- Player 5 indicates, behind the back of player 4, which player has to let go of his ball
- Everybody 10 balls. Person with the most saves wins the game.
- Player 5 picks up balls if necessary and keeps count
- 3 to 4 players per side, positions: 4, 5 and a playmaker (if sufficient players, also defend on position 6 and 1)
- pass ball around
- defend to playmaker, set up to position 4
- pass to other players
- after every ball that is too high, rotate position
- start calmly with technical hit, and if this works, increase speed and difficulty.
- communication is important so speak to each other and help each other if necessary.
- The purpose of the game is cooperation, and the emphasis is not on scoring.
To make sure that players learn to play in a rhythm, the ball has to be under way for 2 seconds each time (21-22).
- All players will try to play synchronously at the same time.
- This starts with overarm.
- The next form is that the player in the back field is going to play underhand and the player on the net overarm.
- In this way it can be extended.
he most important thing is that the players keep the ball in the air for 2 counts.
See picture. Each trio 2 balls. 2 players at the net number of meters from each other, other player in the back field.
- Exercise 1: Players rapidly throw in turns, player in the back field returns ball underhand.
- First ball is deep, 2nd ball is short
- Exercise 3: Throwers increase their distance apart and throw straight: player with ball at the side line throws deep, other short .
Change places after x number of balls or after a certain time.
Per 3: 1 person at the net, 1 person on the end line, 1 person in between  ;
- Person in between is going to work each time, gets the ball from person at the net, underhand back. Turns backwards after few steps, ball from end line, underhand back. Turn back and repeat (20x reception)
- Can be thrown or hit
Per 2: 1 person at the net and 1 person on 3 meter line.
- Ball is thrown from the net to 3 meter line, overarm back.
- Move backwards, and ball is hit to end line, overarm back
- End line is tagged by this player, person at the net lets the ball drop. Dive after 1 collision
For the Volleyball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Volleyball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.