Volleyball drills for general
- Competition with catching and throwing. S
- erve from the field. Every time you throw a ball over the net you have to turn around a spot.
- If you make a mistake you have to leave the field.
- If your team catches the ball 3 times in a row you may go back into the field!
- Throws ball to P
- P pass to S
- S setup for P
- P attacks
- pass except sv
2 players stand about 3 metres apart and play the ball to each other.
Variant with 3 players
- Same exercise, but one player stands between
- the other two and acts as distributor.
- Defense always goes to the player in the middle who then sets up the other player.
- This player passes the ball back to the other player who passes to the playmaker, and so on...
- After a while the middle (defender) player is changed.
- Start on back line (2 players, rest of the field is empty)
- Play over 3x with pass, set-up, attack.
- Pass under the net (keep playing).
- Hit the antenna with the swing.
- Failed to start again at the back line, succeeded to go to hole 2.
- Hit the ball from the backline into the net.
- Person 2 "fishes" and gives set-up (2 plays).
- Person 1 comes forward and plays overhands against the antenna.
- push-ups (may also be on knees) (30 sec) 2x
- 30 sec planking (straight back) 3x with 10 sec rest in between
- 1 push-up position opposite each other with a ball in between and stretching the ball from left to left
- 10x and 10x right to right.
- 10x whole tummies
- A serves at B
- B plays into C
- C sets up and B plays over the net
- Run after own ball
See picture. Each team 2 balls. 2 players at the net a few meters apart, other player in the backfield.
- Exercise 1: Players take turns throwing the ball, player in the backfield plays the ball back underhand.
- Exercise 2: First ball comes deep, second ball comes short
- Exercise 3: Throwers stand a little further apart and throw straight: player with ball on the sideline throws deep, other throws short.
After x-number of balls or after a certain time swap places.
- 5x push-ups (can also be done on knees)
- 20 sec planks (straight back)
- 5x squat
- lie on your back, hands under your buttocks and lift your legs up off the ground, hold this for about 10 sec.
- 10x whole belly exercise
- On stomach lift left hand and right leg 10x. After this right arm and left leg 10x
- T throws the ball to A, B or C who attack in front.
- The one who attacks runs behind the ball, the others slalom around the cones and then dive towards the back line
- Meanwhile D, E and F are ready