Volleyball drills for passing / defense / reception
- 3 teams
- 1 at the net
- other 2 on 2 sides in the back of the field
- B throws ball at A
- B passes under the net
- A plays the ball UNDER HANDS to C
- C plays the ball UNDER HAND to B
- B catches the ball
- B throws the ball to C
- B passes under the net
- C over the net to A
- Player A throws/strikes the ball towards player C.
- Player C passes the ball to player B.
- Player B sets up the ball.
- Player C attacks.
Goal: try to attack/play 3rd ball on the mats (straight or diagonal).
After each ball move one place in your own group.
Extension: When there are enough players one could also choose to place a block.
- 1 and 2 hold the net - C plays ball in the backfield - 1 defends on 2 - 2 sets up on 1 - 1 hits placed to the left or right back - 3 and 4 the next
See picture. Take turns throwing the ball. After throwing the ball touch the back line and go back to the same spot.
Throwing good? Then all underhand. Later all above hands.
Trainer throws ball:
1. Pass â€" catch run through (B puts ball in box and joins back)
2. Pass â€" setup â€" overhand play (A plays ball 1-3 B 2, C passes ball in front of himself)
3. Same B. Only now C passes ball to position 2-3 where 1 player will be standing.
Goal: Make a good run
Accent : Both arms go up
- One line on the outside, nr 2 throws the ball to SV, nr 1 attacks
- One row at the centre or at position 2, nr 2 throws the ball to SV, nr 1 attacks.
- Line at position 5
- Queue at position 6
- Thrower throws ball at position 5, pass to SV at position 2-3, set up to position 3
- Thrower throws ball at position 6, pass to SV, set up to position 4
- Attacker gets ball and goes to the back of the line
- Then with a block and block defense
Goal: Block in the right position, hands opposite the striker's arm
In each field 1 passer, 1 catcher, 1 reserve and 2 server.
With 12 players place 2 passers and always let the inner passer go to midfield
Serve, reserve, pass, catch and serve. Chasing your ball.
- 3 teams of 3
- on each half 1 team stands
- the other team is in reserve
- in case of a point, the team that won stays in place, the other team changes.
- 1 hits a ball to a passer at position 6 who passes to pos 2/3
- player S gives a set-up to position 4, whereupon player 4 attacks straight ahead
- player 2 stands in the starting position block and puts a block on the position where the ball goes over the net
- player 4 retrieves his attacked ball and puts it in the ball pit
- reserve becomes player 4
- after 6 block jumps the blocker changes with player 1 and starts hitting.
- player 1 moves to position 6
- player position 6 becomes player position 4
- player 4 starts blocking
- Each good block is a point
- player penetrates from position 1 to position 2/3 and gives set-up