Volleyball drills for passing / defense / reception
- 3 people in the backfield,
- the coach stands at the net
- and the ball has to be played to the coach.
- deep in the back,
- hard balls
- and soft balls.
- The ball may be played in 2x.
- You are going to do this exercise in pairs.
- Number 1 is at the net and number 2 in the field.
- You start with both playing overhand, then only the player at the net can play overhand and the player in the field can play underhand.
- And the other way round.
- There are 3 players at the net and 1 player in the field.
- The outer persons, the leftmost and the rightmost, play/throw a deep tight ball.
- The person in the middle throws a short ball. (or the other way around).
- The player in the field passes all 3 balls and shuffles to the next spot.
- Just replay in 4-player teams. Throw the ball at the net and the other player plays over the net.
- overhand and underhand
In each field 1 passer, 1 catcher, 1 reserve and 2 server.
Serve, reserve, pass, catch and serve. Chasing your ball.
- Pairs face each other.
- The player at the net plays the ball, left right, front and back.
- The player in the backfield brings the pass nicely to the net. 5 min and then change position, again 5 min
- Trainer hits on row MA.
- A pass is made to SV at 2,5.
- Playing set up in basket.
- Player under the basket to make a catch.
- line of players behind the back line
- First player lies down on his belly
- trainer stands at the other side of the net
- hits the ball and throws the ball
- player stands up and passes to midfielder/SV
- SV catches or grabs the ball and passes to trainer
- passer becomes SV
- try to keep a high tempo
Line up behind the back line. Trainer throws a ball into the field from the opposite field.
1. Ball must bounce between outstretched arms2
. Extend to bounce between arms with 1 knee on the ground (standing still)
3. Extend to bounce between arms with 1 knee on the ground (standing still) and feet pointing in the right direction4
. Extend to OH play on the basket / catcher on the distributor spot (pay attention to continuously stretched arms & sitting low) 5. Extend
to OH play + attack (still coming from a row, but now with 1 game already in the field)