Volleyball drills for passing / defense / reception
Line up behind the back line. Trainer throws a ball into the field from the opposite field.
1. Ball must bounce between outstretched arms2
. Extend to bounce between arms with 1 knee on the ground (standing still)
3. Extend to bounce between arms with 1 knee on the ground (standing still) and feet pointing in the right direction4
. Extend to OH play on the basket / catcher on the distributor spot (pay attention to continuously stretched arms & sitting low) 5. Extend
to OH play + attack (still coming from a row, but now with 1 game already in the field)
- The trainer throws the ball from one side of the field to a player on the other side of the field.
- The player must come running in and play the ball, wherever he/she is standing, into the hoop at midfield.
- 2 rows of players
- 1 row on the left back
- 1 row at the right back
- create with 4 pawns a virtual line where they have to stand behind
- trainer stands at the other side of the net and throws the ball somewhere in the field.
- 1 of the 2 front rows calls LOS orIK (agree on)
- This player passes the ball into the basket.
- bring own ball to the trainer.
Assessing ball trajectory, shuffling, standing still, shoulders well and passing well.
- 3 players stand at the net/3 meter line.
- 1 catcher
- Trainer hits ball
- players shuffle backwards and pass to 2/3
- Catcher catches ball and puts it in the box.
- passer to receiver
- empty spot is filled
3 players stand at the net with a ball. The rest stand in a line behind the backline, the first player (A) of the line steps in the backfield. Net player 1 attacks quietly, A passes back. Net player 2 throws a short high ball, A passes back (OH or BH). Net player 3 throws a long high ball, A passes back OH and joins the back of the row again. Depending on the size of the group you can play on 2 sides of the net or everyone on 1 side.
easter -> catch
through the whole field
succeeded = point
then a new 3
who has the most points?
easter -> catch -> easter -> etc.
been = sit
Everyone gets a turn (call loose)
- Trainer plays high ball in the back
- 1 gives high ball to 2
- 2 gives set up to 1
- 1 hits it diagonally
- then 3 and 4 etc.
- just replay in pairs
- overhand and underhand