"close out and box out exercise"
Suitable for the following techniques: rebounding , blocking , defense
View drills for other technique
close out and box out exercise
- Player blue passes to red and sprints to red for a close-out.
- Player red tries to get into the "paint" to score.
- Player blue is going to try to prevent this.
- Either blue can steal the ball
- point for blue
- Either red can score
- point for red
- After a possible goal is score, red takes rebound, passes to the next in line.
- Blue goes to the position of red.
The exercise now starts again with the next players.