basketball drills for rebounding
- Two teams
- 1 team will slide into the bucket, everyone has a number (front to back)
- Other team is going to stand at the 3 point line
- I pass the ball to someone and then everyone in the bucket will box out someone from outside the bucket.
- Pay attention:
- Agree who defends whom.
- If you box out, make contact first and then turn open
- If the defending team has caught the ball, it can start attacking
- Each score one point, team that has 3 points first.
- With 3 men on the back line and the middle one has a ball.
- The middle one passes to a man and chases the ball.
- The receiver keeps the ball behind him and the one who passed first takes the ball and passes on.
- The person who has the ball behind his back runs behind the ball, picks it up at the receiver and passes on to the other side.
- They do this while running to the basket on the other side.
- If someone is close enough to the basket, the man plays a lay-up.
- Make variations on the passing lines
- A row with ball at the head of the bucket.
- A row behind the free throw line on the right.
- Player on the head passes the ball to the forward on the side.
- The forward makes a strong drive to the triangle (defender), passes the ball out to the forward on weakside.
- The forward makes a strong drive to the basket.
- The player in front and the other forward who has passed go for the rebound.
- Centers + Guards + Forwards
- Starting from U14
- 6 or more players
- 1 ball
- two baskets
- Mastering the basics of a break
- break training in a competitive situation
- 2 teams with different shirt colors
- the players all run around the circle
- as soon as the coach shoots they're gonna rebound
- the team that captures the ball runs a break on the other side (no shot within 5 seconds = push up + take out other team on the back line)
- after score or defensive rebound the other team runs a break back
- outlet position and pass
- flyer on the other side at full speed away
- execute at top speed
- After score, take in position immediately with overhead pass
- two teams arranged alternately in 2 rows
- the players tip the ball to each other via the board (jumping and tipping like a tip in)
- and connect to the back of the other row
- at the signal of the coach, the team that is currently picking up the ball runs a break
- on the other basket
- the other team defends
- (with an odd number, the largest team always attacks and there is automatically an excess situation)
- Two rows at the centerline
- The first two have a ball - Right
- From the center line you dribble to the basket:
- Layup (15x hit in a row, a player under the basket catches the ball and counts, play again if the player didn't count)
- Shots from bucket (7 in a row)
- The player under the basket starts when the dribbler starts.
- Coach goes further and further back.
- 4 groups of players in each corner of the field.
- 4 cones in the center circle
- 2 balls on each sideline
- player sprints to the cone
- defence slide to sideline
- running backwards (looking over shoulder to ring)
- then the next player starts.
- In a next step, after the defence slides, the player picks up the ball and finishes with lay-up.
- Take rebound and pass to next in line.
- player then dribbles to the cone and outside.
- Put the ball down there and then sprint back to baseline.
- Then the exercise starts again.
- Player blue passes to red and sprints to red for a close-out.
- Player red tries to get into the "paint" to score.
- Player blue is going to try to prevent this.
- Either blue can steal the ball
- point for blue
- Either red can score
- point for red
- After a possible goal is score, red takes rebound, passes to the next in line.
- Blue goes to the position of red.
The exercise now starts again with the next players.
- Player is explained shooting technique.
- Practicing over distance on the field.
- Pay attention to technique and the curve of the ball. After 10 practice throws in the field, the first player slides into the ring.
- 1 Player stands in the first hoop and shoots. If it's in, it's 1 point, player moves to the second hoop and shoots , 2 points if it's scored.
- If it's not scored, then move to 1 hoop closer. If it's scored, move to the 3rd hoop.
- If you score the 3rd hoop, you get 3 points and you may stay and shoot again.
- Max score is: 1-2-3-3-3-3-3-3=27 points.
- Under the basket is a teammate who rebounds and passes the ball back to the shooter.
- After 10 attempts, shooter and rebounder change positions. 10 attempts again
- Remember your score.
- After one session (10 throws each) these players go to the field to practice and move up the line.
- When everyone has finished, compare scores.
- Points of attention: shooting technique, rebound action, (shooter ask for the ball) and passing technique.
For the Basketball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Basketball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.