Basketball drills for defense
- 3 teams - 1 ball.
- Possibly 2 groups on 1 basket (stay on your own side).
- Attacking with posturing/running free.
- Defender with split vision/fronte ect.
- Passer waits for the right moment.
- 2 teams with 1 ball.
- Front player dribbles across the 3-pt line, other player follows.
- Front player decides when to go to the basket.
- Extend with a team of 2 that are low (more options, 2 x 2)
- Split players into groups of 5
- Normally have 2 or 3 baskets available
- For example every 7 minutes
- Shooting game
- 2 teams or 3 teams from the free throw line
- Everyone a ball
- Push up loser(s)
- Shooting game with 5 positions
- 2 teams, shoot around (only if you hit the target, move to the next position)
- Start on position 1 and 5, loser killer run
- Dribble skils (1-2 pawns)
- Over the pylon (do not take it with you, keep control, from left to right, 1 hand behind your back)
- Lift pylon with left hand, dribble with right hand (throw pylon, catch with other hand)
- Left/right and touch pylon (timer, counting) - hand that releases the ball must touch pylon (low position, defend the ball)
- 2 cones, dribble left, touch right
- 2 pawns (8 dribble with 1 hand)
- Slalom around the pawns, low dribble, back and forth (tempo)
- Variant: low dribble, feet on both sides of the pawns, cross after every pylon
- Low dribble, always touching the according pawn - stay in control, stay on the same side (dribble left, touch pawn with right)
- Make 2 teams of 5 people per team.
- Play a game and keep in mind the exercises played today.
- Possibly bring in substitutions every 30 seconds.
1x1, after the check the player with the ball cannot dribble for X seconds (must pivot and shield the ball, then 1x1)
- 1 on 1
- Swap over all the time.
- Just play 2x2,
- Variant by having 1 player pass into the head bucket
- So that the 2 x 2 players have to run free
- First pass 5 times before being allowed to score,
- Or having a player pass to the head bucket
- So that 3x3 has to work to get free
1 player under the basket
3 or 4 players with ball outside the bucket, distributed or the field
- Give numbers to the players
- Calling out numbers, defender must quickly step out and take up position
2 baskets, spread out:
- left-hand lay-up
- Shooting from 5 positions (1x1, loser press-ups).
- Free running (head of the bucket ball, 2x2 free running to score, emphasis on defense)
- Reaction game (1 defender in the middle, 3 players with ball around the bucket, call out number)
5 lines on the back line, trainer has the ball.
- 2 rows are defenders, rest is attack
- Everyone has to touch the middle line and then attack or defend
- Trainer throws ball in the field or in the circle