Basketball drill: passing and cutting to/scoring in the basket. motion offense
Passing and cutting to/scoring in the basket. Motion offense
- Set up players:
- 1 with ball on the head (pos 1/white),
- 1 in position 2 or 3 (blue),
- The rest on 4 or 5 (same side as the forward, red).
- A defender or pilon somewhere around the free throw line or closer to 1 (is the defender of 1)
- White passes to blue and immediately makes a cutting movement.
- Feint to the left and cut across the defender
- Blue passes the ball to white in its movement and takes position 1.
- First of red fills in the position of blue.
- White scores with the ball and the ball goes back to the new player in position 1.
- White follows red and becomes the last player in the red row.
- The exercise starts again.
Characteristics of the drill
Necessary materials:Not applicable
Suitable for the following levels: