"Defending with contact with the player in possession"
Suitable for the following techniques: defense
View drills for other technique
Defending with contact with the player in possession
Attackers have a ball.
- 5 plays to 4 to pass defender 1.
- 4 plays to 5 that passes the defender.
- 3 plays to 2 to pass the defender.
- 4 plays to 3 that passes the defender.
- 2 plays to 1 passing the defender.
- Defender 1 tries to prevent all players from passing him and defends with making contact.
- Each defender twice in a row, i.e. 10 actions in full.
defending the player in possession with contact
- arms bent forward
- blocking the way
- don't let your opponent run in between your arms
- push the attacker outwards
- counterpressure against shoulder that is inwards
- guide movements
- footwork very important, one must be able to keep up with the attacker
- keep contact with floor