Soccer drill: finishing from distance
Suitable for the following techniques: shoot
Finishing from distance
Improving the shooting on goal and the handling of the ball by the goalkeeper, so that the striker does not get a rebound.
- Play the striker, bring him under and finish.
- If the ball comes back via the crossbar, post or goalkeeper, the striker may finish the rebound suddenly from the 16m-area.
- The ball may not leave the square until it has been shot on goal.
- The ball may not lie still anywhere.
- The player who shot at goal becomes the striker, the striker retrieves the ball and closes in behind.
Characteristics of the drill
Suitable for the following levels: