View drills for other technique
Heading the ball back
Set up 2 x 2 pawns per group of 2 players. Every 2 players get 1 ball.
The ball is thrown up by one player and kicked back by the other. The following variants must be practised.
- Head the ball back into the hands of the player.
- Head the ball over the player.
- Head the ball through the ground towards the player.
- Make sure you head from your neck and don't just let the ball bounce on your head.
- Always tighten your arm muscles and move your head towards the ball.