Volleyball drill: 4 against 4 (or 3)
Suitable for the following techniques: passing
4 against 4 (or 3)
- 4-team handles ball from trainer, and plays out the rally.
- Other players make sure balls are out of the way.
- Trainer gives alternate balls, smash/push/free ball.
- Fixed setter.
- Change to 5 minutes.
- Rally is played out in its entirety 4 v 4/3
- Points of interest:
- Going full for every ball.
- Good first pass
- Move with the game without the ball
- Base lineup with setter fixed.
- 6 players handle the service.
- Service either from the trainer or 7th player.
- Trainer can then choose to put extra ball in play to start an extra rally.
- Start with setter on 1.
- 6 rotations.
Characteristics of the drill
Suitable for the following levels: