Volleyball drill: blocking exercise m + d
Suitable for the following techniques: block
Blocking exercise M + D
- 2 players facing each other in the middle.
- Dominant side has ball.
- Both block and the non-dominant side taps the ball with two hands.
- After landing, dominant side chooses a side and moves sideways to the antenna and jumps again with ball which is tapped over the net by the non-dominant side.
- Then 1 blocked player, 2 players with balls behind them, 1 attacker on the opposite side. Ball is thrown over the blockers to the attacker.
- Blocker watches arm of attacker and blocks ball to position 6.
- Extend to 2-block with slide and centre, including movement.
Characteristics of the drill
Necessary materials:Not applicable
Suitable for the following levels: