Volleyball drill: bugs
Line up: several rows in a row behind the back line.
- Sloth: sit with your back to the other side, legs extended. Pull with your hands to the other side.
- Seal: flat on belly --> pull forward with hands to get to the other side.
- Spiderman: on all fours, always moving the opposite hand and foot together: LH + RV & RH + LV
- Bearwalk: on your hands and feet to the other side
- Monkey walk: let your hands + arms hang down, almost to the ground (like a monkey) and so to the other side.
- Peacock: stepping, quietly, every time bringing leg/knees up until they form a right angle with the upper body.
- Kangaroo: same as peacock, but faster/more like skipping.
- Instead of doing it as a relay/race, the players can also walk around and on a certain signal perform the movement that belongs to a certain animal.
- You can do the exercises on a whole field or on half a field.
Characteristics of the drill
Necessary materials:Not applicable
Suitable for the following levels: