Volleyball drill: chase the ball (long/short)
chase the ball (long/short)
- Trainer throws balls to the 3 meter line. (positions A + B)
- Player 1 passes the short ball and runs to the middle.
- Player 3 comes in to play the ball.
- Then trainer switches to the other side.
- Player 2 plays the short ball, and goes to the middle.
- Player 1 now goes for the ball on the other side.
- Other players?
- 3 get balls.
- 3 encourage.
- After 10 balls switch groups.
- 2 trainers available?
- 1 trainer makes sure the player in the middle does not cheat by starting too fast. (and keep him/her in the middle).
Characteristics of the drill
Suitable for the following levels: