Volleyball drill: chase the ball (long/short) / turn 8
Chase the ball (long/short) / turn 8
- Trainer throws ball to position A1
- Player 1 passes the short ball and runs to the middle
- Trainer passes ball to position B1
- Player 2 tries to pass ball back from A2, and stands ready for the ball on A1.
- Then trainer switches to the other side
- Trainer throws ball on to A2
- Player 2 passes the short ball and walks to the middle.
- Trainer throws the ball on to B2
- Player 1 tries to pass ball on B2, and stands ready for ball on A2.
- Other players?
- 3 fetch balls
- 3 encourage
- After 10 balls change group.
- 2 trainers available?
- 1 trainer makes sure the player in the middle does not cheat by starting too fast (and keeps him/her in the middle)
Characteristics of the drill
Suitable for the following levels: