Volleyball drill: communication - calling for the ball
Suitable for the following techniques: system
Communication - calling for the ball
- The team is divided into groups of 6.
- 4 children serve, 2 children catch.
- The children stand up one by one (start short, as it gets better we stand up further and further).
- On the other side of the net are 2 children who must catch the ball. They have to call out if they want to catch it.
- We do this 5 times, then we pass. (Children who catch the ball will serve, 2 of the serving children will catch the ball.
- When we get it right, we'll take it a step further.
- The child that does not catch the ball walks to the net (place will be indicated) and stands crosswise to the net.
- Child who caught the ball throws it in a curve to the child who stands at the net and this child catches the ball overhand and rolls the ball back to the server.
- This is done 5 times and then the ball is passed to the other players.
- When we get it right, we'll take it one step further.
- Same as last exercise but this time the one who goes to the net doesn't roll the ball back but throws it overhand to player 2.
- who in the meantime also walked to the net (place will be indicated).
- He catches the ball and rolls it to the server.
- This is done 5 times, after that the ball is passed to the other players.
- When we get it right, we'll take it one step further,
- Then the ball is not rolled back, but played overhand over the net.
Characteristics of the drill
Necessary materials:Not applicable
Suitable for the following levels: