Volleyball drill: defence and attack after serving
Defence and attack after serving
- Player starts serving, straight through, on the other side a defender is passing.
- The passer passes to the trainer.
- After service the player runs directly to position 5, where the trainer throws a ball for passing at 2-3.
- Fixed playmaker, gives set-up on the outside.
- After passing, the player makes an attack.
- 2 blockers, defense behind the block and defense at left back.
- The attacker becomes outside blocker.
- Outside blocker becomes inside blocker.
- Inside blocker goes to defend behind the block.
- Defender behind the block starts defending at left back.
- The left back picks up the ball and connects with the servers.
Characteristics of the drill
Suitable for the following levels: