Volleyball drill: diving from line to line
Diving from line to line
- the players stand side by side on the back line
- From the defensive position, one step forward is taken,
- The players stand side by side on the back line and the upper body is moved forward as low as possible.
- The protruding leg must be bent so that the body remains low.
- In the meantime, the arms remain stretched out in front of the body.
- If the back of the player passes the front foot, the player will fall forward and the arms are placed side by side on the floor to catch the fall.
- While the hands are on the floor, the back must be drawn hollow and the body moves a little further forward.
- The intention is that the belly hits the ground first.
- After this the player stands again on the spot where he landed and repeats the exercise until the net is reached.
- Usually this can be done in 2 or 3 dives.
Characteristics of the drill
Necessary materials:Not applicable
Suitable for the following levels: