Volleyball drill: fitness with speed ladder and movement patterns
Fitness with speed ladder and movement patterns
- Speed ladder is from the back line towards the net, in the middle of the field.
- Players move every round with a different movement pattern for the footwork through the speed ladder towards the net, then a block at position 3, move to position 2 or 4 (alternate) and a block again there.
- Then immediately step out to the defensive position on the 3-m line (with the cross move, immediately adopt a low stance and weight on the front feet).
- After the defensive position two options: either shuffle backwards towards the baseline or make a diving roll towards the baseline.
- Depending on the team and fitness level, increase the number of rounds the players have to make.
Characteristics of the drill
Suitable for the following levels: