"Freeball Dump Zones"
View drills for other technique
Freeball Dump Zones
- When delivering a freeball we want to disrupt the opponents offence as much as possible.
- We can also use the freeball to take out an offensive attacker by pulling them close to the net or making them take the first contact.
- Dump zones are meant to target the setter or setter transition area and to pull an outside hitter off of their approach.
- If there is time, the player passing the ball should look at the opponents side of the net to determine where to place the ball - D1, D2, D3, D4
- Teammates not involved in the play should be:
- Ready to defend the freeball
- Looking at the opponents transition or positioning on the court
- Communicating to the player passing the ball on where to put the ball - 1, 2, 3, 4