Volleyball drill: overarm technique
Suitable for the following techniques: setting
With this exercise, younger children can practice overarm throwing.
- Give everybody a ball and have them show how they play overarm
- Is this not correct (for example, no pizza slice, or under the head), correct them, show how it has to be done.
- Have them throw against the wall, this provides lots of ball contact.
- Make pairs and have them throw over the net, to learn them to play high.
- Meanwhile, correct technique mistakes, but stay positive.
- Ask afterwards what they have learned, to make them think about it again.
Characteristics of the drill
Suitable for the following levels: