Volleyball drill: passing the ball around (responsiveness)
Passing the ball around (responsiveness)
- Split the group in two
- Player with a couple of balls at the post
- 1 SV at the net who always distributes the ball
- Every defender has a ball EXCEPT FOR ONE
- so if there are 4 defenders on the field, 3 of them have the ball
- Player at the post puts the ball up to the SV, who plays the ball (first easy) to a random defender WITH A BALL !
- He throws his ball to another defender with no ball and passes to the SV,
- DIRECTLY the SV plays another ball to another player (defender) WITH A BALL.
- Regularly changing players/position
Characteristics of the drill
Suitable for the following levels: