Volleyball drill: responsiveness
- The purpose of the exercise is to train the defender A in his reaction ability as well as to work together in handling the ball.
- Important for this exercise:
- EVERYTHING is touche!
- The ball that is played/tossed by the trainer (high and far; not hit!) is allowed to come well outside the lines, because the ball must be handled as if it jumped off the block.
- A. stands with his back to the net and concentrates on the defenders B/C.
- If the ball is played by T/Sv. then either B or C demands the ball ("LOS!") and moves to play the ball.
- A. sprints after B/C and offers himself vocally ("HERE!").
- B/C must be able to hear where A is before playing the ball.
- B/C plays the ball high to A and A plays the ball well inside the 3-metre box. T./Sv. makes the catch.
- If there are 8 or more players, this exercise can be done at both ends; if there are less than 8 players, it is played at one end and B/C rotate with players waiting outside the lines.
- In that case, work at a high tempo so that nobody stands still for too long.
- A. changes after 5 or 10 balls; every player takes the position A. twice.
- NOTE: The exercise goes at a high tempo!
- When A. has handled the ball, the next ball follows immediately.
- It is up to the player turning in the ball to get in position in time!
- Place a basket on a spot of your choice within the 3-meter section.
- The second ball must touch the basket (top) or go through the basket.
Characteristics of the drill
Necessary materials:Not applicable
Suitable for the following levels: