Volleyball drill: walking in threes
Walking in threes
- Make threes
- Each trio one ball.
- Player in the middle runs an 8 each time. Each time this player gets in the middle, a ball is thrown:
- A throws (or plays overhand) the ball to B (in the middle).
- B plays the ball back to A underhand and then runs around A until he is in the middle again.
- A meanwhile passes the ball overhead to C.
- C plays the ball overhand back to B.
- B passes the ball back to C underhand and then runs around C until he is in the middle again.
- After 2-3 minutes, the player in the middle changes.
- To make it easier, player A and C can also have them throw instead of playing overhand. This can be an underhand throw/catch or an overhand throw/catch.
- To practice standing still while playing/catching, you can also let player B throw and catch underhand.
Characteristics of the drill
Suitable for the following levels: