Volleyball drill: zone recognition
Suitable for the following techniques: system
This exercise assumes that the players know where they must stand and which zone is for them. So explain this well in advance
- Players stand in the correct zone
- Trainer serves/ throws the ball
- After every service, turn around.
- Serve only when they think they are in the right position
- Also serve if they are not positioned correctly and serve on the uncovered position.
- They have to correct each other where they should stand.
- Throw a ball into a difficult zone every now and then. Who was this ball for?
- It's about recognizing your own zone. Who takes which ball? Call loose when in doubt etc
- Make clear agreements in advance!
Characteristics of the drill
Necessary materials:Not applicable
Suitable for the following levels: