Basketball drill: 2 against 1 half court
2 against 1 half court
- Centers + Guards + Forwards
- 3 Players
- 1 ball
- -a basket
- -2 Cones
Players must be able to dribble and run a layup
- To finish off an overtime situation in 2-man break.
- train outlet pass
- to train running line flyer
- the defender throws the ball against the board, left or right of the ring
- the attacker on the side of the board takes the outlet position and asks for the ball.
- The flyer sprints away towards the middle line.
- Flyer sprints around the pawn back to the basket.
- outlet dribbles as fast as possible around the other pawn
- the passer sprints to the centre circle, but has 1 foot in there and then goes to defend.
- attackers have 1 goal attempt and max 2 passes.
- the attacker who misses becomes the defender.
- the defender NOT to make any unsportsmanlike mistakes
- defender takes the charge or forces the dribbler to the side of the pitch
Characteristics of the drill
Suitable for the following levels: