basketball drills for shooting
- Two men around the bucket for defense
- Three attackers:
- Attacker 1 passes the ball to attacker 2
- All three attackers pass the ball around until one sees a gap and can get into the bucket
- He adjusts the ball and tries to score
- Up to 5 points, then switch roles and the attacker who has scored least stays in the attack.
- The players divide themselves over 2 or 3 lines (depending on the number of players), 1 rebounder is under the ring,
- 1 ball per line.
- The first player takes the shot -> rebounder takes the ball (without colliding on the ground) and passes to the person standing in the line of the shooter.
- The person who has taken the shot prepares for the rebound of the next shooter.
- Stopping two feet together, pivoting, lay-up and jumpshot must be known
- When passing, jump towards the ball with feet coming down correctly to start the next movement. (pivoting, start dribble)
1. Coach gives passes from position 1, alternating left and right from under the basket. Give passes where jump-to-the-ball applies.
2. Player starts under the basket (2 groups of 5 to 6 players, of which two/group have a ball) ==> fast; explosive exercise.
3. Run to cone under the basket and quickly pushes himself away towards the cone at spot 2 or 3.
4. Makes movement from the cone to the ball to get the pass and perform a jump-to-the-ball.
5. After getting the ball pivot and attack towards the basket (first lay-up, then shot)
6. After finishing, change sides and pass the ball
- Rapid explosive movement when running free
- correct ball acceptance (show hands) and foot placement
- pivoting and fast attacks without running errors
- A row with ball at the head of the bucket.
- A row behind the free throw line on the right.
- Player on the head passes the ball to the forward on the side.
- The forward makes a strong drive to the triangle (defender), passes the ball out to the forward on weakside.
- The forward makes a strong drive to the basket.
- The player in front and the other forward who has passed go for the rebound.
- Centers + Guards + Forwards
- Starting from U14
- 6 or more players
- 1 ball
- two baskets
- Mastering the basics of a break
- break training in a competitive situation
- 2 teams with different shirt colors
- the players all run around the circle
- as soon as the coach shoots they're gonna rebound
- the team that captures the ball runs a break on the other side (no shot within 5 seconds = push up + take out other team on the back line)
- after score or defensive rebound the other team runs a break back
- outlet position and pass
- flyer on the other side at full speed away
- execute at top speed
- After score, take in position immediately with overhead pass
- two teams arranged alternately in 2 rows
- the players tip the ball to each other via the board (jumping and tipping like a tip in)
- and connect to the back of the other row
- at the signal of the coach, the team that is currently picking up the ball runs a break
- on the other basket
- the other team defends
- (with an odd number, the largest team always attacks and there is automatically an excess situation)
- Two rows at the centerline
- The first two have a ball - Right
- From the center line you dribble to the basket:
- Layup (15x hit in a row, a player under the basket catches the ball and counts, play again if the player didn't count)
- Shots from bucket (7 in a row)
- The player under the basket starts when the dribbler starts.
- Coach goes further and further back.
- Player is explained shooting technique.
- Practicing over distance on the field.
- Pay attention to technique and the curve of the ball. After 10 practice throws in the field, the first player slides into the ring.
- 1 Player stands in the first hoop and shoots. If it's in, it's 1 point, player moves to the second hoop and shoots , 2 points if it's scored.
- If it's not scored, then move to 1 hoop closer. If it's scored, move to the 3rd hoop.
- If you score the 3rd hoop, you get 3 points and you may stay and shoot again.
- Max score is: 1-2-3-3-3-3-3-3=27 points.
- Under the basket is a teammate who rebounds and passes the ball back to the shooter.
- After 10 attempts, shooter and rebounder change positions. 10 attempts again
- Remember your score.
- After one session (10 throws each) these players go to the field to practice and move up the line.
- When everyone has finished, compare scores.
- Points of attention: shooting technique, rebound action, (shooter ask for the ball) and passing technique.
- Players in a row on the free throw line or for U10 and U12 a bit closer to the basket (put down pilons).
- First two players have a ball.
- Player 1 tries to shoot.
- When the ball is thrown, player 2 may also shoot.
- If the player misses, go for the rebound as fast as possible, try to score from the area where the rebound is picked up (if it is behind the baseline, dribble in a bit).
- If player 2 scores before player 1, player 1 is finished and is not allowed to play again.
- After a goal is scored, pass as soon as possible to player 3 plays so that he can 'kill' his predecessor.
- Connect yourself at the back of the row.
- Play on until there is 1 player left.
- Note that the player who has to be played has to get out at the right side to be able to play. And that the scorer rebounds the ball as fast as possible and plays it back with a good tight pass.
For the Basketball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Basketball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.