Basketball drill: lay-up with zigzag poles (game form)
Lay-up with zigzag poles (game form)
Make sure all players have a ball
- The player starts at the post next to the bucket.
- Player dribbles to the basket
- The player stops on two feet = jumpshot
- The player starts the two-count rhythm = lay-up
- From the right side: first right foot, drop with left foot.
- From the left side: first with left foot, then with right foot.
- The player picks up his own rebound and dribbles around the pole.
- The player zigzags through the posts.
- The player then rejoins the line near the basket.
When there is a large group, this exercise can be done on both sides of the field.
- Who is the first group to reach 20 scores, wins.
Characteristics of the drill
Suitable for the following levels: