Hockey drills for
- A starts with the ball and runs wide
- The two split switch positions when A starts to run.
- One of the two receives the ball
- A must look carefully to see which striker is free, as there is a defender between them who wants to conquer the ball and pass to the side
- If it goes well, add an extra defender.
- Others play a mini game, then switch groups.
- A is the attacker and wants to finish on goal.
- B wants to defend the attacker and push him into the opposite corner with a jab.
- Tips defender:
- Position yourself so that the attacker can only go one way
- Pressure effectively
- When she is in the other box, set up a double with the two of you
- Can turn it off more often for more speed
- 3 against 3 game format
- The aim is for you and your team to drive the ball over your opponent's back line. When you have done this you can go straight to the other back line.
- Tips defenders:
- Double your opponent
- Push your opponent to one side
- Let the opponent make the mistake
- Maintain an active position
- Tips attackers:
- Make sure you let the ball do the work
- Run the in-out
- Always be able to return the ball
- Play the safe ball
- Ball possession with switching moment
- You make two teams and put two people outside the field.
- The goal is for your team to play the man on one side.
- For example, Red starts by playing the man on the left side and Blue has to play the man on the right side.
- When a team has reached a point, you switch and red goes to the right side and blue to the left.
- Exercise with double-crossing your opponent
- 1 against 2
- A is the attacker and starts with the ball and wants to score in the little goal at the other side
- B and C are going to double trap the opponent so that he/she cannot score
- Push them to the outside
- When they are on the outside, press them backwards
- Practicing putting down the press
- How do you do this and why do we do it this way?
- A, B and C are going to try to score in the small goal on the center line,
- The other three are going to set up the press, explain how they have to stand up and how to run at it to make sure they cannot go back and you can double them to conquer the ball.
- When they have taken the ball away, they can finish on the goal.
- Party form with small teams
- Goal communication
- Talking to each other and daring to put each other in the right place.
2 exercises in 1
Exercise 1: one touch scoring
- A runs in towards the goal gets the ball from B who shoots it hard and flats at the goal.
- A tips the ball in with a one touch.
- A turns at the same time and receives the ball from C who also flattens hard towards the goal.
- A tips the ball in with a one touch
Exercise 2: game 3 against 3
- Play a game 3 against 3 against each other.
- Tips for attackers
- Make the field big when you have the ball
- Make triangles to reach each other easily
- Over the backhand side of the opponent
- Make use of the lift pass
- Make sure you can always return the ball
- Tips for the defenders
- All stand behind the ball
- Push them to your forehand side (think about how you will stand up)
- Try to double them up and trap them
- You can always return the ball
Lazy 3 on 1
- Tip attackers:
- Pass, speed high
- Look where you are playing to
- Play easy ball
- Tip defenders:
- Close down the backhand side
- Stand in between the pass lines
- Waiting for mistakes from opponents
- Practice penalty corner attacking