Volleyball drills for all skills
- trainer choses 4 (or 5) lines, and numbers them 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.
- Everybody stands on the outer line
- trainer calls out a line number, and everyone runs over there
- repeat a number of times
- At a given moment, the last to make the line is eliminated
- until there is a winner
- disadvantage is that the lesser runners will not improve, because they are eliminated first.
- In pairs, with 1 ball and the net in between.
- At 3 meter line and serve calmly to each other.
- Throwing and concentration.
- Idem, but increase distance.
- If that succeeds, increase distance again.
Pairs with 1 ball.
- slide on belly
- keep watching the ball
- sit low
- player 1 is on the end line, and player 2 is lying on the ground before with stretched arm, and hand flat on side line.
- player 1 drops the ball and it bounces back.
- If not, the hand is not properly flat on the ground
- Idem, only player 2 starts 1 meter from the end line
- player 1 calmly drops ball from up high
- player 2 is crouching, and slides to the line, and has to time such that the ball falls on the hand
- Idem, but now come running from 2 meters
- Stay low, then it will not be scary!
Always change after 5 times
- Trainer is in the back of the field with line of players beside him
- Trainer throws the ball in the air and player a comes in, diagonally, and plays the ball to player b at the net, left front.
- Player b catches ball and joined line besides trainer.
- For a large group, make 2 lines beside the trainer and a catcher right forward to keep the tempo up.
Each player has a ball and dribbles (right-left each time) through the hall.
At the trainer's signal
- Throw ball up, knee contact, catch
- Throw ball up, head ball, catch
- Throw ball up, play overarm, catch
- Throw ball up, play overarm, head ball, catch
- Throw ball up, play overarm, overarm, play overarm, catch
- Throw ball up, right shoulder, catch
- Throw ball up, left shoulder, catch
- Throw ball up, right shoulder, left shoulder, catch
- Trainer is in the back of the field.
- Player is positioned right forward and gets ball in the middle from trainer.
- Player comes in and plays the ball in the basket.
- At the moment of letting go, you dive towards the side line.
- Possibly, the player gets a diving ball from a second trainer
- pay attention to sliding on the belly
- Player at the basket catches and joins the line
- Diver will stand at the basket.
- 2 teams, each team has its own field
- opposite each other with net in between.
- the players will serve against each other
- when a player serves the ball incorrectly (in the net, out of the field etc) he has to lie down on the side of the other team
- player can return when a team member serves the ball on him
- when a whole team is lying down on the ground, the other team has won
- The trainer appoints 1-2 taggers, who have to tag the rest of the players.
- If you have been tagged sit on a knee and raise an arm: the WC.
- You can then free the other players by:
- first, one of the players sits on your knee
- then a player flushes by pulling your arm
- Will the tagger(s) succeed in tagging all players?
- Trainer throws the ball over the net
- the 3 players are standing in a circle holding hands.
- They are starting at the end line and try to have the ball thrown by the trainer drop in the circle.
- This is allowed after 1 bounce
- You can easily adjust this to the level of the players opposite you.